This yrs Mike Roos................

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by bongo59, Jan 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

I know Munch is planning several trips to see this kid after what he has been told...............Scouts think he has the best feet of any OT in this draft including Thomas and Sears but he is very raw...........sounds like Mike

Meet Joe.................. Staley from Central Michigan

Strengths:
    Is an amazing athlete for the position with feet that are second to none...Timed speed, agility and quickness are outstanding...Moves well in open space and can get to the second level...Shows the ability to change direction and adjust on the fly...Good intangibles with a motor that is always running...Smart player who picks things up quickly and has shown consistent improvement...Still has lots of upside.

Weaknesses:
    Is still new to the position and pretty raw...Has done a good job of bulking up but could still stand to pack on some additional pounds...Is not overly powerful at the point of attack...Has to develop more of a mean streak and a killer instinct...Needs to keep hitting those weights and continue to get stronger...Level of competition.

Notes:
    Began his college career as a 220 lb. freshman tight end...Really put himself on the map when he reportedly ran a 4.70 forty at the Chippewa's Pro Day workout as a junior...Is a much better prospect than his former teammates Eric Ghiaciuc and Adam Kieft were...Could legitimately play left tackle in the NFL...Is a workout warrior with phenomenal measurables who has not yet reached his full potential

2. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

Dan Bauzin his college teammate drew alot of folks to see hm this yr but everyone who left came back with who is this Staley guy..............well this is the time of yr Staley gets found by alot of important people............

3. maximus

maximus Starter

I have heard he runs a legit sub 5.0 40...maybe a 4.6 was the number. the guy has the tools

4. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

Great feet are rare. The important questions now become: 1) is he smart, 2) is he mean, and 3) how does he handle adversity. Scouts might be able to get a feel for the first two, but probably not so much the last one. Not from playing at Central Michigan.

5. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

cant be any tougher than where Roos came from............and he was a foreigner to boot.............

6. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

Teams will take a mid-round gamble on guys like that. They end up as steals or, you know, Seth Wand. Sounds like a guy worth a mid-round gamble.

7. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

here is two others i posted about at titanscentral...........

As most of you know I usually post POD's close to the draft but after INDY....................so today I'll change it up...................your getting two guys today that most wont know that I think will project as player who will go the second day who have starter potential.............

1. Rory Johnson LB Ole Miss..........................plays in the shadows of the best LB in this draft.........but much like Tulloch he is a hidden Gem..........he was a top recruit in HS but grades killed him..........he went the JUCO route at Hinds CC and was unreal.............he was highly sought after as he committed to MSU in 2004 and then he failed academically.........he returned to Ole Miss and reports are he ran a 4.35 at 242 lbs after practice in Nov..........he was retimed and the time was correct.............he now has done the shocking move of declaring with two yrs left............he is a raw talent but make no mistake..........this guy is Keith Bulluck with an invisible shield.........he actually played SS and FS for Miss and played well...........I project him to round four...........but i know scouts are flocking to Miss (and to see Willis as well) to get tape since he announced..........he will be a ST demon in the NFL when he earns his stripes I expect him to make a big impact. My son says he is the best player he went against this yr in the SEC.

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061205/SPORTS030103/612050371

2. David Ball WR New Hampshire...........6-2 and 202 lbs.........40 time is 4.51(hand timed)

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=149201

Please meet the new Jerry Rice and he is from a school as small as Jerry's college. Ball grew up in rural NH and was a stud athlete........... Ball also played basketball in high school and competed in track and field - high jump, long jump, triple jump - to get his competitive fix. Even after spending a postgraduate year at Worcester Academy in Massachusetts he just flat out came of age athletically. He became, a high school basketball and high jump champion, and went on to set all of his HS records and shatter many New Hampshire state records. Against his home town college he tied Rice's record in Sept. Ball grabbed a jump ball in the end zone against Darmouth for his the 50th TD catch of his career, tying Rice’s all-time Division I-AA mark. He smashed Rice's records this yr and is known in scouts circles as "Dirty Rice" because he is so physically imposing and tough to stop.....he finished his career with 58 TD's and fell 70 yds short of Rice's yardage mark and he should be drafted in the 3-5th range..........a sub 4.5 gets him to day one in my view.........fantastic hands and a player to watch...

8. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Yeah i would take a gamble on Rory Jonhson and Ball. I think both are good to great players with phenomenol skills that will become studs in the NFL. Wouldn't taking both Ball round 3 and Rory round 4.

9. byt the sound of it, i would definately take both of them

10. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

just so some of you know some of my past POD that were posted before they were drasfted............Roos, tulloch, Nande, Demorrio williams, erik Pears, Germaine Phillips, Dawon Landry AND MColston are some............i post one a day about two weeks before the draft...........ususally these are guys who have caught scouts eyes in day two...........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar