Thornton to Visit Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

What's a "Whinge"?

2. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

Is that Austrailian for "whine"?

3. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

it stands for all you on here is whine and complain about everything

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

^ yeah, thats it.

I understand where you are coming from, but i dont think signing the big names will make us that much better.

And then there are otehr factors, like LeCharles Bentley, traditionally we dont sign Centers, we draft a late round lineman and use them, the coaching staff may like someone for it, like Amano (or Amato whichever) or god forbid they might resign Hartwig.

Plus our offense free agents havent worked out too well so I can see us being weary about who we sign and whether they will fit.

We build through the draft and I think Reese and co will stick to that, but will sign a name free agent, maybe 2, but we wont be out there buying everyone or trying to.

Reese will be doing his best not to put us back in cap hell.

5. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

I hate to "complain" (not really), but one way you get in cap hell by having and keeping (paying) good players. That's what we did. Then there is the Redskins. When is Washington going to start feeling the heat of cap hell? and the Colts?

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Colts are beginning...and there is something going on with the skins i believe. I think the CBA did something to stop what the Redskins do.

7. Yes, the new CBA limits "cash over the cap". Basically, there's only so much real money a team can spend on players in a given season now, regardless of cap hit.

8. Twelfth Man

Twelfth Man Guest

I would really hate to see you guys get David Thornton. He is a solid player who is seldom injured. His natural position is weak side LB but the Colts have had him at stong side for the past two years. Just thinking about seeing him in that ugly Columbia Blue makes me ill.

Check out his bio. He was a walk on at North Carolina and voted Defensive MVP over players like DE Julius Peppers and DT.

I'll try and get you a link.

Richard

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

that will unfortunately change soon enough if he signs with us.

10. Bulluck

Bulluck Camp Fodder

How is Thornton no better then Sirmon? He has speed... ha

He seems really good in coverage and a compliment to Bulluck is sorely needed. Not necessarily someone his caliber skill wise but someone who can play... and Thornton can

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar