Thorton and a MLB in for the nickle?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bobo, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Your right he isn't big, but your wrong about him not being physical. I am fully confident he would be able to stop the run.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/9328192

Jackson tops the list of the MLBs. He's very versatile. I've been thinking about Kai Parham for awhile, too, because of the group, he's the one with the actual ideal size to play the position...but...I heard he ran like a 5.0 forty. Anyone remember that?

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Kai Parham seems more the size I think we need but his 40 time is a little in the Brad Kassel range.
    Jackson could be a good fit but his 230 pound size is on the small size for a MLB. He might end up being a better SOLB in the pros however there are effective MLBs his size that have been successfull.

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I know, but I'd bet both could (and be big upgrades over what we have).

5. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

The two guys from last year come to mind - Tatupu and Odell Thurman.

Kai Parham did clock a 5.0 at the combine, but he does have better game speed than that, and he also has very good short range quickness on the field. In my opinion he's best suited as a 3-4 ILB, where his footspeed would be masked more.

I agree with you though that we need more of a run stopping guy, since the MLB will likely not be in on nickel packages. D'Qwell is more of a coverage guy that works better in space. Abdul Hodge is the guy I like. A bit bigger than D'Qwell is @ 237, but he's alot more physical. He works better in traffic, and as a downhill, run stopper rather than in coverage like D'Qwell does. I just think he would fit better.

6. titans_0607

titans_0607 Camp Fodder

Is David Thornton as fast as Bulluck? I know bulluck is about as fast as LB's get but I know that David is very quick as well.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

No. I don't think so. They only time I've heard on Thornton so far is 4.62 or so.

8. titans_0607

titans_0607 Camp Fodder

oh ok...yeah thats not too bad though...still quick for a LB

9. currage

currage Livin' in enemy territory

I really like Gerris Wilkinson, ILB from GA Tech. I think he could come in and make an impact as a later round pick.

10. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

if you all remember right, godfrey was cut after he was pushed aside as a 3 down player by sirmon i.e the samething that is happening to sirmon now that thornton has been signed, honestly i see sirmon being cut, but if he reduces his pay, then that might be a different story...

round 2 i want abdul hodge from iowa...the kid is a stud...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar