Those who went to the game...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Sep 11, 2009.

?
  1. Good

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. Bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Great

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Horrible

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

How was your experience? Any over the top Steelers fans? Any nice, friendly Steelers fans? Was it enjoyable?

I would say that my experience, for the most part, was enjoyable. The 2.5 mile walk into the stadium brought on a lot of hate. I saw very few Titans fans which sucked. Several people mocked McNair and laughed about how he was murdered by a woman. Several people also saw me and did a *gun to head motion* which was way out of line, and I straight up told them that's not funny and you're not making a good case for "the #1 fans in the NFL."

The moronic fatass behind me spit everytime he screamed. He would yell insensitive stuff, was continuously obnoxious, made fun of Steve McNair, told my dad and I to **** ourselves, claimed that Titans fans are f*ggots, said that Kerry is a f*ggot alcoholic, etc.

Well, what better idea could pop in my head than to txt the stadium officials and get him kicked out... so what did I do?... I txted the stadium officials and got his @ss kicked out! :ha:

At the end of the game, most Steelers fans around me shook my hand and said "good game, hope you enjoyed your time here." And several told me to ignore that moron who was being obnoxious the whole game. Most of their fans seemed friendly.

There were an excessive amount of drunk morons. One came up to me, hugged me, and spilled beer on my shoes. One chick who sat next to me was so drunk that whenever I clapped, she clapped. It had gotten so easy to make her clap, that I was able to get her to clap on huge Titans gains.

I did bring my blue towel, but it was tucked away. I planned on whipping it out, but only if we won.

Not dissing other Titans fans, but what the hell?... No one was getting into the game, yelling, or showing balls whatsoever. No one was clapping loud to annoy the Steelers offense. Nothing... no effort by Titans fans.

So... how was your experience?

2. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

nice job on getting the dude kicked out.

3. LetsRock

LetsRock Camp Fodder

Your story sounds like the same experience ANY fan of an opposing team would have when venturing into enemy territory. This aggressive attitude by home team fans goes all the way back to high school.

When I went to Steeler training camp this summer, some idiot shows up with Patriots gear and car flags on his SUV. What do you think will happen?

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I was going to go but I had to work. I guess I'm glad I didn't go now seeing as how we lost. That sounds pretty bad though of the stuff they were saying. Seems to me that like 30% of Steeler fans are a holes.

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

most Titans fans are complete wusses. Ball-less, meek and mostly friendly. Take that as a good thing or a bad thing. Colts fans are the same. I've been to every Titans game in the Colts home stadium besides the playoff game there. I've only gotten hostility from one fat guy who looked like Farva with blue face paint, in the last game at the RCA Dome.

He was getting in my face insulting the Titans. I would insult him personally, but calmly.. he got all mad, and got one strike away from getting kicked out. The beauty of it is, you can say whatever you want, as long as you're calm, and they get in trouble. Needless to say, the dork apologized to me later, and blamed Eddie George for his anger. Hah.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

A fan who waves a yellow towel has the balls to call someone else a f.ggot?

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I've been to two other away games... Jags and Ravens. The Steelers fans were worse than the Ravens fans from my experience. Jags fans were very friendly.

I didn't fight because I didn't want to get thrown out and most Steeler fans actually thought the guy was funny. If someone wanted to fight me, I would have let them do whatever they want to me... just turn the other cheek and make the Steeler fans look bad.

I may be going to the away Jags, Texans, and Colts game. If not all three, I won't have any trouble making it to the Jags game. They can't sell their tickets! It's easy to get tickets there!

Another thing that surprised me (well, it shouldn't surprise me because most Steeler fans are drunk fatasses) is that their fans only stood up and got super intense one time. One freaking time. At Titans games, everyone stands up screams, and bangs on the seats on defensive plays. They simply didn't do that.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Jag fans are probably friendly because if they chased fans away they'd fill the bottom tier.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I had a completely different experience. It was one of the most fun games I've ever been to.

I was the only one of my group that wore a jersey- my other guys all wore light blue knit and Oxford shirts. There were seven of us all together, 4 of sat on the 50 about 25 rows us and the other 3 sat upper deck goal line. The guys I went with all are middle aged college level athletes (I'm the smallest at 6' 1" 190) and we all workout daily. I realize that who I was with and where we sat probably made a difference in the game experience.

For those didn't go or haven't been to Heinz field, it at the junction of the Allegheny and Monnongehala rivers (both about the size of the Cumberland ). We walked to the stadium about a mile on the river walk, there were a TON of tailgaters on boats. EVERYBODY and I mean EVERYBODY wore a Steelers jersey or colors. People wore their Steelers jersey to work even. I WISH the Titans could do more by the river bank to make boat tailgating an event.

I was verbally addressed a few times on the way in- along the lines of "Titans suck" "We're gonna kick your :grrr::grrr::grrr:....." etc. When it happened, would just smile- and raise my fisted hand up, smile and make eye contact with whoever was shouting. If it continued, I would go over to them and say "Good luck, let's have no injuries tonight, etc" and EVERY one of them would then smile and give me a handshake or fisted knucks and about 2/3 invited us to tailgate with them. So in my experience, it is simply how you respond that determines the experience.

At the game it was the same. I introduced myself to the folks sitting around me- told them they had a great fan base, and that I wished the Titans/Oilers had a tradition of six Lombardi's. I also told them I might get loud a few times (which I did) but that I was just cheering for my team they way they do. A couple of folks got drunk around me and shouted stuff at me after a good Steelers play- to which I smiled and gave them some knucks. They gave me a pass when stood up and yelled after our big plays and when Hines Ward fumbled (although that one tested the limits). We joked and made exchanges the entire game- all pretty funny stuff and all in good humor.

After the game, I congratulated them on the victory and complimented them on such a great fan base, good stadiuim and fun atmosphere. On the way out- I took some more ribbing, but same story- just responded non-confrontationally. There were one or two guys around 18 or 20 years old that got in my face that had more beers than I did while I was standing around but I only had to show muscle one time when a guy grabbed my jersey from behind. I stepped forward right and put my face right in his face and said "We are not about to hurt each other are we?" but he backed off. That honestly was the only negative experience.

As an aside, Lynn Swann was sitting about 10 rows up behind me. My buddy and I went up and introduced ourselves, shook his hand, and let know how much he influenced my approach to work, study and football (I played WR). He was very gracious and thanked us for making trip up to the game.

My friends and I go to one or two away games every year. Sometimes we go to other teams just to experience different fan bases and stadiums. I have learned that there are some fans who are wrapped up in their team that they use that team's success or failure to validate their own self worth. They are usually the fans that are the most obnoxious. A simple compliment or handshake turns them into the most friendly of folks.

10. tennygrl619

tennygrl619 Rookie

OK Ravens, I'm a little offended. You can't just assume that the other Titans fan weren't getting into the game. It was a big stadium, and the few Titans fans I saw were drowning in a sea of gold and black. I know personally, I was the only one in my section. And whenever our team did something good, I did stand up, I did clap, and I did yell. Me, a lonely girl Titan fan. I even had to restrain my boyfriend from punching some lame Steeler fan out on the concourse for booing me in my ear. I saw maybe 10 Titan fans at that game, not including myself. And I just don't understand how you can say that NO other Titan fan got into the game? How would you know? You wouldn't be able to hear the few of us there cheering over the 65000+ Steelers fans booing a good play by the Titans.

I was lucky enough to have some really cool people in my section. With the exception of one drunk older lady who kept looking at me dirty, and the idiot on the concourse, I had no problems. However, I have absolutely no plans to go another away game. It was quite awkward.

And random sidenote, there was a guy selling T shirts after the game that said "Dallas Sucks" on the front, and "Romo Swallows" on the back. Even though we couldn't understand why he would be selling that shirt at a Titans/Steelers game, we still bought one. Because hey, everyone hates Dallas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar