Thoughts on 2012 1st Round

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JCBRAVE, Apr 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Let me just say that the Vikings trade was not a shocker, what happened after that was though.

I knew once Minnesota started fielding calls for their 3rd pick that the night was going to get interesting. What I didn't see coming was RB's Doug Martin, and David Wilson going 31 and 32, but that helps us I think.

Other things I found surprising:
    Minnesota taking Safety Harrison Smith.
    Cleveland taking QB Brandon Weeden.

IMO there were a lot of bad picks made, too many pass rushers that didn't belong in the 1st were taken.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The Rams taking Brockers was a great move by Fisher and now they have 3 picks early in the 2nd round. It also helps us because that is three picks in the 2nd ahead of us where they probably don't take a DT (or DE since the Rams have other needs).

I think we will have a real good shot at a nice DT. Stills, Worthy, Thompson and Reyes are all still out there. There are also two or three WRs that might get picked before our pick along with a few OL guys and you have Curry and Branch along with a couple of CBs. We should get a quality guy at DT, DE, CB or LB for sure.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

For the last 2 months all I've heard is "running backs aren't worth a first round pick and the position has been devalued." Then three of them are picked in the first round. I guess the media needs something to talk about all week when games aren't being played.

4. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I was amazed at how stupid the Browns continue to be.

They trade up, assuming, someone would trade up to 3 to get in front of them for Trent Richardson. That logic is so flawed it's ridiculous. Even if that were to happen, and I believe it never would, who cares? Someone grabs Richardson at 3, they just take Blackmon at 4 then come back and snag Doug Martin at 22. I also think there would be a pretty good chance that Weeden would have been there for their 2nd round pick, the guy is going to turn 29 this year for god's sake!

The Bruce Irvin at 15 was the most shocking for me.

A.J. Jenkins was a total surprise as well.

The Pats actually trading up twice blew me away, I love the Dont'a Hightower pick, but I think Chandler Jones was highly overrated but overall they did well.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Even though I do not like Blackmon, I thought JAX fans can appreciate them going out and getting Gaby some weapons.

Dallas moving up and getting the Clairborne* and Tampa getting Barron. Tampa has an obvious need at corner and they ignored it. Although them cutting Jackson created a need at safety.

Seahawks are dumb

Cleveland probably could have gotten Weeden in the third, atleast the second.

S.F. getting another receiver was a head scratcher, but they are a complete team and can reach like that.

and the Pats do what they always do.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

well it does make sense

Look at how many running backs came out of no where last year and lit up the score board.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Bill Polian put it best. Running backs run out of tread quickly, so the best time to get them is when they're coming into the league when they're young.

I wouldn't take one over another position of need with a similar grade, but if you're a team like the Giants with few needs it's worth the pick.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Huh? Tyrann Mathieu isn't in this draft.

9. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I totally agree, how stupid was that. Is Colt McCoy that horrible that you waste a 1st rounder on Weeden? I'd be pissed if I was a Browns fan. They should have taken Blackmon.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

We learned that the Browns and Seahawks ride the short bus.

You want Trent Richardson? Cool. But you just gave up three draft picks to move up one spot. You want to have a QB who will be 29 in his rookie season? That's dumb to begin with, but what's even dumber is that you could've waited to take him with your #37 pick and taken Hightower, Mercilus, etc at #22.

You want Bruce Irvin? The guy is a thug, but alright. How about you trade all the way down to the bottom of the first and rack up some draft picks rather than make an Oakland Raiders Heyward-Bey reach.

Irvin is also the highest drafted player from WVU since Pacman. What is it with that place and great athletes who are terrible human beings?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar