Thoughts on 2012 1st Round

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JCBRAVE, Apr 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Clairborne? Isn't he the honey badger?

edit- ah nevermind. guess not

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Using a 3rd on a "power back" is hilarious.

Especially one that wont ever do anything.

Our pick was stupid. Said it too many times: Great player- but terrible pick.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Someone had asked you who you wanted with the pick since you hate this so much. Did you answer the question? You may have; I'm just wondering who you wanted.

Hightower, DeCastro, Mercilus were the three I would've been targeting, personally, but after sleeping on it, I really like our pick.

If you think he's a great player, how can you call it a stupid pick?

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I was totally against us targeting a WR at 20, but since Wright kinda fell to us, it wasn't a bad pick. Wright will help us maintain drives, thus helping the D.

That's all we really wanted right? To help the D somehow.... Well extending drives will defiantly help the defense.

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I have no problem with the Browns trading up from 4 to 3. They gave up very little (two 4ths) to guarantee that they got the player they wanted most. I think they were scared that Tampa or St. Louis was going to trade ahead of them, so they paid the price to guarantee they got the guy they wanted.

Trent Richardson is not a "power back." He has change of direction ability that very few players have. He can break tackles in multiple ways. He is a once or twice a decade talent at his position, a player you can build your entire offense around. Taking Blackmon at 4 and Martin at 22 wouldn't have come close to the value they got in taking Richardson at 3.

Now the Weeden pick... I can't really explain that one. I read this morning the Adam Schefter said the Browns wanted Kendall Wright at 22 and panicked a bit when he was off the board.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

hahahahaha Pete Carrol sucks.

7. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Couldn't disagree with you more. I don't think it was worth them giving up 3 picks on the off chance that another team leapfrogs them. Richardson is gonna be really good, but I don't see a huge drop off from he to Doug Martin. As a matter of fact, the draft worked out against them, because both Wright and Floyd were already off the board by 22 and I don't think they saw that coming. Since the receivers were off the board they panicked and picked Weeden at 22, which was really dumb. They blew it anyway you cut it.

Blackmon + Martin > Weeden + Richardson

8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I am very surprised by the number of people on this forum who don't view Richardson as an ultra-elite talent.

9. gran54

gran54 Starter

The Seahawks made a very "Jacksonville Jaguars" type pick.

I'm glad we didn't go D-Line at 20. I definitely wanted DeCastro, but at the same time we really must be in love with this guy to pass on DeCastro. He will no doubt open things up for us offensively. He's had very good production through his college career. At first I thought it was pretty stupid, but when the dust settled, you think about how scary we could potentially be. Locker will definitely benefit from him.

I had a feeling when we took Wright, the Browns would look to Weeden. Glad they took him though, I'm an OK State fan (dad went there in the '70s) and it's nice to see him go in the 1st.

I feel sooooooo bad for Blackmon though lol. I'm not a Gabbert fan at all and still so thankful we didn't take him last year.

I was surprised that the Pats actually traded UP for once and so far they just have one 1st round pick for next year. Though there were a lot of trades, I really liked the smoothness of this draft. Went very quick and all in all enjoyed it.

10. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

I wonder if the rams will pull something out of there hat and trade to get blackman? I read that Fisher was pissed when the jags traded up to get him. They do have several additonal first round picks. I know it won't happen, but something to think about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar