Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JCBRAVE, Apr 27, 2012.
That's not something to think about.
- Good move by the Vikings to still get Kalil and acquire an extra pick.
- But I'm not mad at the Browns for ensuring they get their guy in Richardson.
- Hate to say it but kudos to the Jags for being aggressive to grab Blackmon.
- What were the Bucs doing? Why didn't they stay pat at 5 and take Claiborne? Did they have Barron ranked higher or were they surprised the Cowboys leapfrogged them at 6 to get Claiborne? Surely they couldn't be that careless... Mind boggling though..
- Kuechly & Gilmore went a little earlier than I thought they would.
- Crennel must feel he can turn Poe into a BEAST..
- Cox went later than expected. Good move for the Eagles.
- Rams were smart to acquire 3 2nd round picks and get Brockers in the 1st.
- Irvin was a massive reach, could work out though..
- Jets & Chargers must be ecstatic to get Coples & Ingram..
- Pats trade up instead of down for a change & snag 2 great defensive guys.
- 28 year old QB?!? What the hell, Cleveland..
- AJ Jenkins was a reach, surprised to see 2 RB's taken 31 & 32nd..
Excited for day 2!
You're confusing 2 things.
Yes, he is a great player-
but it's still a bad pick. For us.
Player I wanted: Mercilus.
Players I would have accepted before Wright? DeCastro, and Mercilus... or any other defensive player, or OL, really.
We had no need for a slot receiver. We have major needs for talent and depth at other positions. That's why this is a bad pick. It makes no sense.
We basically just pulled the equivalent of buying a nice stereo for our car that needs a battery.
I think the Browns trade was stupid. Chances are, they get Richardson at 4 anyway. If not, take Blackmon. And Wheeden in the first? Dumb. Assuming he takes two or three years to get adjusted to the NFL, by then, his prime is pretty much over.
As for Tampa, one of the guys on ESPN said he would play zone corner in their system?
The seahawks pick was stupid. Even Gruden, who loves EVERYBODY, called Irvin a one trick pony. And he's been to jail like six times. Dumb.
I'd say your big winners thus far are the Cowboys, Jags, Pats. Big losers are Hawks, Browns, Niners.
I have no issue with the Browns trading up to ensure they get their guy. I thought it was a good move. Clearly he was REALLY their guy, nothing wrong with getting him.
Weeden though, uh...
I agree that WR was not much of a need for us, but the FO must really think he can be a game changer. I am excited to see our passing attack next year. I also think that the depth of DT in this draft, and the lack of a C worth a 1st rd pick really allowed the FO to make more of a "luxury pick" in the 1st round. I think a lot of people will feel better about this pick when they see what happens with the rest of the draft.
I liken it more to buying a nice stereo for your car today b/c the car batteries are going on sell for half price tomorrow.
Well, let me make it clear that I DON'T care but NFL.com has us in the "loser" category on day 1.
I saw that and immediately dismissed it when they had the Cowboys, who had a big need at corner, got the best corner available.
Chad Reuter is one of the worst writers they have.
Yeah, the Cowboys as a loser makes no sense.
Reuter's argument is the Boys could have stayed and got Kirkpatrick. Yeah, they moved up and got the best CB in the draft who can match up man-to-man instead of getting the third best corner who plays primarily zone.
Totally the same thing.