Thoughts On Jake Locker And The Defense For 2013

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Aug 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

We had the worst time of possession in the entire league last season.The offense usually did a quick three and out which led to our defense being on the field way too long and that also led to us having the worst defense in the league as well.Having numerous issues with our offensive line didn't help.I think the team did a good job this offseason of trying to correct as many deficiencies as they possibly could.The gameplan is mostly vanilla during the preseason so they aren't giving anything away in the gameplan on either side of the ball so we won't know until the regular season just how much things will change.

On offense our strength is the offensive line and the running game which will be our bread and butter.I think as long as Locker sticks to the gameplan and doesn't make too many mistakes we should be a lot better.Dowell Loggains has installed a gameplan for our offense that should not be difficult.With our running game we should be able to wear down opposing defenses.Even though we will depend on our running game we have the best receiving crew here that we have had in many years.Locker won't be asked to be a gunslinger but he will have plenty of targets to throw to.The only thing we need to do is not make too many mistakes in the passing game such as costly interceptions.Turnovers will be the one thing that can turn a game around really fast momentum wise so as long as we are mostly focusing on running the ball we should be alright.I'm really hoping Locker plays well and proves all the naysayers wrong.

On defense we shouldn't be on the field forty five minutes a game like we were last season.The one thing i do think will change is our run defense will be much better especially since we've added Ropati Pitoitua and Sammie Lee Hill to beef up the line along with Jurell Casey.Derrick Morgan should be much better this season as well as he tries to improve on his six sacks last season.We've also added Bernard Pollard who is doing his best to give the defense an aggressive identity.I think we will have a big year out of Zack Brown and Akeem Ayers.McCourty and Griffin will look to bounce back this season as well.I think coach Gregg Williams will do his best to make sure we don't have the problems we had last season.In my opinion they could slide Williams right in there to do Gray's job especially after last season.I do hope Williams does what he can to improve the defense and if we have any issues they can be worked out.With the changes that have been made this offseason the defense should improve.

I do think if we depend on our running game to wear defenses down and don't abandon our gameplan and limit mistakes on offense Locker will succeed.On defense i think if we play aggressive,create turnover opportunities and limit the big plays we will succeed on that side of the ball as well.

Anyone have their own thoughts on things that will help the team this season?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

what he said^

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

tl;dr

Convert 3rd downs to keep drives alive and the D off the field. Play smart and limit turnovers (looking at you Locker). Our new Oline should help the run game and give our WR's a chance to run their routes. Our D has been improved a fair bit, hopefully less time off the field allows them to finish out games in the 4th. Have some luck in the injury department (lack of of course).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar