Thoughts on Jason Heyward so far in the Majors?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by munie, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. munie

munie Starter

How do youu guys think he's doing this year since I know there a good number of braves fans in here.. Personally I already think he's the best bat in the lineup. 3rd in NL in HRs and 2nd in RBIs with a solid 289 avg. He has room to improve with the strikeouts but putting the team on his back offensively at 20 is very impressive? What you guys think

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

He is impressive and plays like he's been in the league a while already.

He's going to have those stretches where he's not going to produce... especially once some of these pitchers get to know his weaknesses.

Problem with the Braves is they need three more just like him.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

He's been great.

And so have this year's crop of pitchers.

Leake - Pitching like a vet
    Strasburg - nearly unhittable
    Matusz - strong performances thus far

Also looking good:
    Austin Jackson - hitting like .500 is sick. And he's got a history of hitting well too.

good year for rookies. And the dude from the Marlins, Mike Stanton and fireballer Aroldis Chapman have not even been called up yet.

4. Titans Blue

Titans Blue Camp Fodder

considering he is just a month into his major league career, i think he has done amazing. He has a lot of time to improve on things and I can see this guy going far. Too bad I am a Mets fan and we just get worse!! He will probobly do really well when he faces the mets cause our pitching is horrible with the exceptions of santana and pelfrey. The braves needed a guy like this to come in for a player like chipper Jones who is getting up there in age. I don't know how the braves scouted this guy but he is the real deal!

5. munie

munie Starter

going into June looks as if Heyward could be a considerable candidate for the All Star Game. Glad to see he's over .300. I cannot wait to see him play in person tommorrow

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Looking forward to this week. Should get to see...

Strasburg
    Bumgarner
    Posey
    and
    Stanton

make their debuts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar