thoughts on the finished preseason

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by paraconspiracy, Sep 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

we plaed our starters against their 2nds and 3rds most of the first half... regardless fisher said before the game that no one today could play their way on or off the team. so... in reflection... what are your thoughts on the preseason. what do you expect to be good this season... what do you expect to wish you had bought another six pack... or whatever you like to do.

i think...

vince is better than expected. he looked good with the first stringers and save the overthrow to volek... played pretty well. he doesnt seem as fast as he was in college. so i dont expect him to be the new vick. i really see the guy as the new mcnair. not too fast to make people look silly but fast enough to suprise.

bennet.. is slow

troupe is a beast. i think our TE's are going to be a strong point again.

roby and jones lookk good... and jones looks 100% and really fast

calico i thought made a nice grab and defensive play today but the TD got called back. maybe he should try some smaler shoulder pads with his new team so they dont hit the ground before his big legs can get down first

piller blows goat nads

mawae looked good but signs of aging are getting aparent.. today he got pushed back way to far against a 3rd string D on pass playe.

collins could start and i would be happy.

we are going to trade volek and henry. we showcased them today.

thompson is the worst safety in the history of pop warner, jr pro, junior high, jv, high school, division II, intermural, australian and canadian league(sorry gunny) and nfl football ever. he let that slow *** man cathc a ball and juke him for 50 more yards... pitifull.. i kept hoping he was hurt every time i saw him on the ground.

we need another DT.. nothing new. somebody as big as fat al would do... even if he sucked. just to take up space would work.

LT and both gaurds are crappy. they need a change.

and woolfolk has impressed... lets see if he can do it agains starters next week

other than those points i think we look alright... which is actually better than last year. we are a second half team this year and should get at least a couple more wins than last year.

cant wait to see if we trade anyone.
    im guessing
    volek... sometime. dont know if its before the season starts but before the deadline.
    henry... hopefully for o-line help
    calico/thompson... safety help
    and we gotta pick up a DE/DT. somebody good that can play both when we need it.

heres to hoping and start of another exciting year

2. paraconspiracy

also meant to say that special teams will be our strongest unit

ahmad hall is good... real good

and 4 new plaers are supposed to be added to this team... or so fisher said....
    be nice to know who... but i guess it can wait.

agree/disaggre with my ramblings?

3. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

:lol2: OMG that got me going there for a minute that was funny.

I agree with alot of what you said expecially the part about Ben Troupe he is a friggin beast. You said Travis Henry is gonna get traded... yeah I can see it happening but I would rather him stay he looked great. As for the starting QB job u said u wouldnt mind Collins well I would rather have Billy Volek if were gonna win alot of games this season Billy needs to be the one not Kerry Collins.

Hey Green Bay
    :moon2:

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

dont forget the punt returns and special teams in general. they're finally looking special and not in the bad way. :))

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

for what?

6. twoseven

twoseven Camp Fodder

I guess L. Thompson will get all the blame for the blown coverage at the start of the game when it was really Hill who sucks. He is either dropping balls he should be picking off or blowing coverages. This guy needs to be bumped down and get a new cornerback in there. I cant for the life of me see why people think he is any good. He darn sure should never be wearing the # 21 !

7. paraconspiracy

lamaont thompson is a safety... the last line of defense. when there is only one player on a deep routeĀ“... that is his man. always. even if it was hills fault... which it wasnt becasue they seemed to be in a man zone and hill followed across the field... lamont shoulda been there

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

^ what are you sorry for paraconspiracy?

9. paraconspiracy

oh.. just comparing thompson to a aussie footballer. i didnt mean to insult your country in that way

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar