Thoughts on " The movie thread"

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by titanbuoy, Mar 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Just a thought; Since we now have a forum devoted entirely to movies and TV, why not make specific threads for each movie (rather than one all encompassing "Movie Thread"). I hate spoilers. In fact I go out of my way to avoid trailers or detailed reviews of movies I've yet to see. This makes the movie thread as it exists now unclickable for me... I love movies, but my tendency to take my time in getting around to watching them has me forever behind the curve and forever leery of joining in the movie thread discussion.

I just thought I'd float the idea out there for separate threads for individual flicks... that way one will know what they're in for before entering.

Again, just a thought.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'd like that as well as I'd prefer the "movie thread" to be ratings without much comment.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What makes the movie thread unattrative for me is that it is over 40 pages long.

Just start a thread about a particular movie you like or not like.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It makes sense. Leave the movie thread as a rating's thread.

And movies like The Watchmen will have enough discussion to warrant their own thread.

5. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Maybe its just me, but I like it the way it is. But I suppose either way could work. Just let me know what you want us to do TJ and I will do it.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Forgot about that.. I like the idea..

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm not a movie buff so you guys work out a solution. I'm good with whatever.

I watched "My Cousin Vinny" for the umpteenth time last night. In my top 10 which may tell you the level of my movie fandom.

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

hey, Pesci is amazing. very underrated movie, Jeff.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yes and you learn about 1962 Buick Skylars.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

When I see Vinny now I'm always reminded of a few very choice scenes in Before The Devil Knows You're Dead...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar