Thoughts on the upcoming game between the Titans and the Jets

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bill parcells, Sep 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Houston won the starting nod at at RB..

yeah..when bongo starts a thread over at JI it winds up having over 100 people looking at that thread in about 15 minutes..and when it's all over..alot of confusion..:gag:

2. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

It's too close to call. The Jets lost a lot of key players, Mawae to us :banana: They still have a great defense, but Eric Mangini is an idiot for switching to the 3-4. Vilma will not be able to free lance like he used to, and his effectiveness will be limited. They have a young o-line, and Pennington is coming back from shoulder surgery, so it's up in the air.

3. that was also said about marvin jones in 1997..but he had pepper johnson and bryan cox to take up space for jones to run to the ball..and he played great..

vilma has looked good in preseason..and they have been moving him outside to rush the passer in passing situations..

4. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Welcome BP.

Not sure how you feel about the early spread (Titans -3). But, I for one, am at bit surprised that they are favored given the fact that they are still uncertain as to who their starting QB will be.

But, it's early. And, all of that could change in a day or two.

5. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

I expect to see some ugly offense on both sides. The Titans want to run the ball behind an O line that has not shown the ability to open holes. I suspect the Jets, like the Titans, will be depending heavily on the defense to keep them in games, especially early in the year while both teams try to find a way to move the ball. Hopefully, the home field will make the difference for the Titans, although LP Field has been very quiet lately.

6. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

True tuna, but I'm just saying, Vila is better suited as a 4-3 linebacker.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

bill parcells is awesome.

This guy is great. I just got news in via email. Some woman from New Jersey has sent me her cell phone number... :brow: She and her hubby, friends, etc. are "landing" in Music City for the game... They want to tailgate... So my thoughts on the upcoming game are on tailgatin' with the jetsinsider folks that are coming into town...

BP, are you coming to Nashville? :tailgate:

8. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Call me CRAZY, but I think our Defense will dominate this game. It may be one of a few games where this will happen, but this is what I think. I would wish you luck, but I want us to win....BAD!

9. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

I see us winning by 7

10. no..I wont be making the trip..I'm already going on the JI trip to jaxonville in october..it was one or the other..

thanks man!!you are awesome too!!!
    you know I love bashing herm!!!
    good luck to the titans!!!as long as you guys dont win this sunday..JK!!:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar