Three Guys I would love to see wearing Titan Blue

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitansCountry25, Jan 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

Here are 3 guys after watching college ball this season I would like to see wearing two tone blue

-Fred Davis TE USC
    6'4 had 800yd receiving he would be very nice. Catches anything.

- Ray Maualuga LB USC
    just a beast at LB really be a boost

-Mario Manningham WR Michigan
    Tall WR, great hands, good Route runner good all the way around.

2. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Maualuga impressed me. He'll be a star in the NFL.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

To have any chance at doing that we would have to take maualuga in rd 1(top ilb), manningham in rd 2 and davis in rd 3.

I doubt if things would work the way we want but i won't argue with those 3 guys..

FYI manningham really isn't that big. Some sites have him at 5'11 and he is around 180. Similar sized guy to roydell.

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I like Davis a lot.

I haven't seen Manningham a lot, but he's made plays when I have. If he's a dependable playmaker, that could help.

Has Ray decided to go pro? I didn't catch what they were saying about his decision to go pro.

6. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Davis will likely go before our second pick maybe even 1st so we would have to take him round 1. Manningham and Rey will both be gone before our pick.

7. Sannyasin

Sannyasin Guest

All three of the above will be gone by our second pick, but all three MIGHT be available for our first. MAUALUGA is by far the best of the three, he's an almost guaranteed NFL stud. If he's there at our pick I'd jump for joy if we picked him. Hits like a truck and can run with wide receivers. The other 2, I'm lukewarm about.

Three other players I'd like to see...

Calais Campbell (DE, Miami) - All the physical tools AND productivity at high D1... We've got 2 dominant DL players that turned the worst D in the NFL into top 10. Put a dominant DE opposite those two and we might never have to blitz which will make Schwartz wet himself.

Felix Jones (RB, Arkansas) - Played behind McFadden but on 123 carries averaged OVER 9 YARDS per carry. Also a devastating special teams player.

Jacob Tamme (TE, Kentucky) - 6'6" with great hands, good motor and smarts. Runs in the 4.5s. Can be had in the second round.

Also:
    Quentin Groves (DE, Auburn) - Played hurt most of this season. Otherwise he'd be a lock first rounder. I'd be fine trading up in the 2nd to take him there. Unbelievable motor.

Roy Williams (WR, Texas) - Yes, he plays for the Lions but I'd trade our first rounder for him in a heart beat. Rumor is he might be available. STUD.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Maualuga is the next tatupu.

9. Architect

Architect Pain Train

honestly im tired of us having so many picks in the draft, and really coming out with nothing. Recently The majority either dont contribute much or dont make the team. I would rather use all of our "draft capital" and move up in the draft and have 3 or 4 quality picks. Then address the rest of our problems through FA with all of our cap room.

10. nouveaux

nouveaux Starter

I've been thinking the same thing lately. We've had so many picks lately, but very few of them have contributed. I'm starting to lean the same way of only having 3-4 picks and filling the rest with vets. The biggest problem though, is that those picks HAVE to be on the money. There is 0 room for busts. I'd be all for giving it a try though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar