Tiger gets classy; Donates 3mil and sends mobile hospital with 50 emts to Haiti

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by World Peace, Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Everyone hates on Tiger and while he may be an adulter at heart, his heart is a heart of gold. Tiger has coughed up 3 million to the relief efforts in haiti. Should we celebrate this or view it as a ploy to clean up his image?

I for one celebrate this and even if it is a ploy to clean up his image. Atleast that money won't be fought over in the divorce settlement and will be put to good.

Here's a link to the full article:

http://outofbounds.nbcsports.com/20...s-donating-3-million-to-haiti-relief.html.php

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Don't really give a **** about the motive behind it. This was a monumental tragedy, and that is a very generous contribution.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Smudger

Smudger Starter

Whether he is trying to rebuild his image or not, it is still a great gesture for a terrible tragedy. At the end of the day the help received from this donation will do more good for people in need compared to the harm his infidelity has caused, which from my perspective is an issue for him and his family.

4. World Peace

I've never understood why everyone turned so hard on tiger. Sure, he likes to sleep around. It's not a good rep, but it is what it is. I hope he comes back to golf and dominates once again. I just hope he gets his head right and his personal life straightened up.

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

OK, this is a great example of the bad rap America takes in the world.

The US government has pledged 100 million dollars to aid Haiti. That, in addition to providing the hospital ship and military logistical aid.
    Tiger Woods, a single US citizen, pledges 3 million dollars.
    Now the Chinese government in comparison, has pledged a grand total 4.4 million dollars.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2010-01/15/content_12817211.htm

But the world still loves to hate the US and blame us for all their problems...

6. Smudger

Smudger Starter

I don't get it either, as far as I am concerned his marital affairs are none of my business.

7. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Good stuff Tiger. Question is, would he have done this had all this crap not gone down last year?

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

To be fair, that's less than 3 percent of last year's income for him... I'd hope that most people donate at least 3 percent of their income to some form of charity.

It's a good thing to do. It's not an amazing gesture, he has the means to do it easily, and he needs the publicity. If he'd done 30 million, I'd be impressed.

9. World Peace

I know the US budgets out this sort of thing, and I know this is getting into taboo territory (Maybe we should start a taboo thread on this because i would enjoy hearing your opinions) but as much as im cool with helping out haiti, we have plenty of problems here in america that $100 million dollars could address alot of things here. I'm all for people giving what ever they can out of their personal budgets. That's their money and decision and I respect that. I also understand that a certain amount of money is set aside out of the federal budget to help with these things but as a citizen of a sovereign nation my tax dollars shouldnt fund an insurance policy for other countries misfortunes. I sympathize with the haitians and I wouldn't wish what happened to them on anyone but if this happens in california, which it very well could, is the rest of the world gonna step up like America always steps up?

If the answer is that they will, then I guess im cool with america being the world's "act of god" insurance. If we are afforded those same protections I'm cool with it... but if they are not willing to proportionately give to us what we give to them, then I think its a bit unfair.

You gotta think.. America is the reason so many Chinese people have jobs.

I know I live in the best country in the world and im sitting in my nice apartment with a refridgerator full of food talking about things being unfair, but an earthquake is an earthquake and its mass devistation no matter where you live and just because we are in america, that doesn't mean we don't need help too you know.

People who complain that america hasn't given enough money are foolish. People ask me why i haven't donated and its simple. I have donated. I pay taxes already and they got me good last year. So the way I see it, they will get their money out of me because donating $100,000,000.00 USD is a very generous donation and I applaud President Obama being so quick to offer it at my expense.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar