Tight Ends

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Aug 27, 2007.

?
  1. Scaife, Troupe, Hartsock

40.0%
  2. Scaife, Troupe, Cramer

20.0%
  3. Scaife, Hartsock, Cramer

20.0%
  4. Scaife, Cramer and someone else

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Scaife, Troupe, Hartsock and Cramer

20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I think it's an interesting situation we have here. The final group could look different than many surmise. Speculation that Troupe could be released or traded would shake up this position group.

What do you guys think are the chances that Troupe is gone, and what will the final roster look like at the position?

The choices are basically:

A) Scaife, Troupe, Hartsock
    B) Scaife, Troupe, Cramer
    C) Scaife, Hartsock, Cramer
    D) Scaife, Cramer and someone else
    E) Scaife, Hartsock, Troupe, Cramer

Is Hartsock really that secure? We haven't seen much of him at all. Anyone think that a better TE can become available, over what we have currently, or are our best options in-house?

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I could easily be wrong, but I'm voting based on having seen more of Cramer than Hartsock. I'm giving Troupe one more year, based on his size and athleticism. He's 272, so he's a big body, and I still believe he's more of a potential blocking or catching than Hartsock. He could be loosed, but I'm just taking a stab in the dark here with this vote.

3. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

when it comes down to it, our coaches are going to pick the best talent, which IMO is Scaife, Troupe, Hartscock

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I admit, I am probably wrong and Hartsock stays, but given a choice, I'd still keep Troupe, but I definitely don't want him holding us back. I'm tired of seeing him clap his hands when he drops a ball.

Oh well. Cooper Wallace to the PS in case something doesn't work out.

5. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Hartsock did well coming in late last year. I agree that Troupe will be given 1 more year before trade/cut discussions become serious. The thing to remember about Hartsock is that he's meant to be more of a blocking TE, so it's easy to think he's not doing much if he's not getting a lot of receptions. Those 3 give a nice combo of skills - Hartsock is a blocker, Troupe is a receiver and Scaife is a nice mix of both. Troupe has to produce this year, though... but Scaife looks like he's poised to be VY's go-to guy.

6. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

:yes: exactly how I would have said it.

7. Nash

Nash Starter

just my take

I think the offense has changed significantly since we drafted Troupe.. for 1 thing we attack each defense in a specific way and the receivers have to comprehend the overall strategy as well as tactics for that attack.. as athletic as Troupe is,IMO he doesn't comprehend what we are trying to do and is out of position on many plays.. this is year 3 of Chow's system and if he doesn't get it now he probably won't.. also take a look at the remaining TE/Fbacks on the roster and where they came from::
    Scaiffe 6th round pick
    Hartsock 3rd round pick/ picked up as FA
    Cramer FA (not sure if he was drafted by another team)
    Wallace FA
    Petrowski FA
    Hall FA

clearly the Chow offense doesn't depend on a high pick at TE but rather versatility and execution of the plan of attack..simply put, a TE blocks, gets you 7-10 yards, and offers a big target that can make the catch...

8. wg53

wg53 Starter

Cramer was a 7th round pick by the Bucs in 2004.

9. moose4now

moose4now Starter

They were my choices.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar