Tim Tebow Should Stay Put

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Mar 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

My opinion of Tebow is he's a great competitor, which may some day allow him to be a great QB. If he really wants to be an NFL QB for a long time, he should stay put in Denver. Peyton Manning says all he wants to do is be a teammate with these guys. It may be in Denver's best interest to retain Tim Tebow.

Tebow is only in his 3rd year now. He made great progress as a QB while at Florida in his 4 years there. Give him another few years and history tells us he'll be great. He's defiantly an affordable option at the moment. Over the next year Denver only owes him $1M. Why not hold back on moving Tebow if you're Denver? His value won't go down. Jacksonville on the other hand is the wildcard in this. They may be stupid enough to go get him for a draft pick. Most their draft picks suck anyways. What's there to lose if you're the Jags...

Now John Clayton says he doesn't see this as an option because Denver will look to upgrade their backup QB. However, he fails to realize even the No.2 QB in Denver will never play. If Tim Tebow is more concerned about learning the game, and becoming a NFL legend the way he did in NCAA, he'll stay put.
    If he doesn't, I think he's out of the league in another 3 years.

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Denver can't risk the possibility of the fans calling for Tebow if Manning has a slow start. They have to trade him.

Besides, they can get something for him. If they were to keep him, he would leave as a FA before Manning's deal is up.

3. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

Why do you think Denver wants to unload him so fast? Manning does not want a polarizing figure like Tebow as his backup. There is a reason his backup in Indy was Curtis Painter. I don't believe a word he is saying in front of the media.

4. JCBRAVE

Well these Tebow fans need to relax and realize this is for the better. If they're real Bronco fans, they'll shut their mouths and support John Elways decision.

5. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

I dont think it has anything to do with that. I honestly just think they dont believe in him or his ability. They keep him there they're going to have to still deal with the "tebow mania"..they just invested 5yr/95$mill to move in a different direction. You solidify that by moving tebow..so you can really move on

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. amy

amy Starter

Tim Tebow would likely learn very little from PM, as is evidenced by the lack of progress by Painter. You can't improve if you never get reps and if the QB doesn't mentor you. Tebow would be better off gone. I hear from ESPN that he wants to go home. He's not at ease in the High Country.

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Unfortunately Tebow doesn't have a say in any of this. He'll go wherever Elway sends him. I highly doubt they'll ask him where he'd prefer to be traded to.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I don't think it's up to Tebow whether he stays or goes. He may get to pick where he goes... but I doubt staying in Denver is an option now.

9. JCBRAVE

Elway is saying he'll do his best to put Tebow in a good situation.

10. amy

amy Starter

What's he going to do, pay some team to take him off his hands?

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar