TIM WRIGHT ANYONE?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JR1980, Jun 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

He showed a lot of promise in Tampa Bay. I was surprised when the bucs traded him, cause their TE situation was horrid last season.

But he is mainly a recieving threat, can't block for crap. He's very light for a TE too.

I would bring him in for competition though and see if he could land a spot. He is essentially a way better version of Dorin Dickerson, whom we currently have on the roster.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I say why not if he's cheap enough...bring him in on pass plays to cause a more vertical threat, and keep Delanie as your primary/fasano on the run as extra blocking up front. More importantly, get rid of TT

3. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

Taylor Thompson has the size and talent to be our version of Gronkowski. He was headed for a breakout season last year, but got put on IR early. Looked like he would be one of our go-to targets, in preseason.

Has freakish size and speed (6'6" 270 4.5/40).

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Been hearing that ever since the day he was drafted. It's just not happening. Next.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

That's all good and well...but I want to see it in games. We are MANY years in with him now. Many guys have come along with freakish traits, but it doesn't mean it will translate.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Regarding Wright, as always with these free agents, you gotta look at it from their perspective as well. Why would he want to come here? Not just from a winning standpoint but from a competition as well. He's never getting ahead of Walker. And while Fasano and Stevens are not worldbeaters they're both 7+ year vets who have stuck around this long for a reason. I gotta think there are several much better situations/options out there for him.

7. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

TB reclaimed Tim Wright...nice target for Winston

8. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

One more year wont hurt. He was always a good blocker and we can use that this year. I dont see him becoming the receiving theat we hoped he could be though.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah I'm not saying we should cut the guy (although I certainly wouldn't be mad about it). I'm just tired of hearing about how he could be Gronk... or anything even remotely close to Gronk. That's honestly laughable at this point. We're talking about a guy who was drafted in 2012 and has 11 career catches and 1 TD and yet some people are still allowing his "measurables" to delude them.

10. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I agree with that. Im just thinking that if he still has the blocking abilities, we will get use out of him. Its definitely more of a team thing than a holding out hope thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar