Time for a new head coach

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Dec 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

if that was the case we would have got beat by the texans without that one guy and without murray playing good.

2. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

That person was on IR. We had an experienced QB that could handle it.

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I didn't realize 8 was a ton and Walker was an excellent addition. Pollard was solid. But clearly there was a disconnect between what the coaching staff needed and what was acquired. Levitre was/is a finesse player while we were running power schemes. Then our 'gm' took a power OG in the draft (Warmack). Munchak didn't select him, he's not the GM.

But this does nothing but reinforces the argument that with mismatched players and a bad starting qb who only started 7 games, out 'subpar' HC won 7 games. 3 years later, we have 2 more wins, have a vastly superior roster and health and we are excited about the record while ignoring our coaching deficiencies!

Definitely a glass half full glass half empty choice. Same as those jumping for joy we finished with a win and a winning record vs those sad and mad we laid an egg against a 2 win team to get into the playoffs!

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TitansWillWin2

mm already lost to the texans what makes you think Mariota would have won

5. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Without Murray? Would have been rough. I think you misunderstood my post.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  6. meekmode

meekmode Starter

what makes you think he wouldn't? special teams and defense made big plays. when was the last time the defense scored a TD? not to mention clowney, lamar millar and allen were all out and houston was cycling players in an irrelevant game.

7. TitansWillWin2

idk mariota was coming off of 3 really bad games

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

We were too. Cassel was running for his life near the 20. Kelly was in and I think the back up guard. Several appeared not to care, on both sides, but some backups were auditioning and going 110% for Houston. We didn't have 100 yards rushing.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  9. meekmode

meekmode Starter

He needed to have a good game? Did cassel have a "good" game? Last I checked 16/26 for 150 yards a INT and a TD wasn't a good game. Mariota could have had a bad game and still won the game.

#409 meekmode, Jan 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    • High Five High Five x 2
  10. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

He did have a bad game. 13-29 and a pick at Houston. 212 yards.

The int on Cassel was BS and even you know it. The commentators even said so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar