Time for the Ultimate GM Challenge!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Jan 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

No worries, I saw Britt on a list of the top 100 FA available and thought on it for a long minute when putting my list together, but figured I'd get roasted too so I stayed away.

Props to you for having the balls to say it!

• LOL LOL x 1
  2. 615nick

615nick Starter

I went ahead and paid the 7 bucks for the premium package. Here w is my first ultimate off season.

SIGNED PLAYERS
    Name Position Cap Hit
    Cordarrelle Patterson WR 4,125,000
    Manti Te'o LB 3,850,000
    Stephon Gilmore CB 6,000,000
    Marcus Cooper CB 3,600,000
    Eric Berry S 7,800,000
    Dontari Poe DL 5,400,000

Those cap #s are based off of guaranteed $ only. I had to pay quite a bit more for all of those guys.

MY PICKS
    12: R1P12
    EDGE DEREK BARNETT
    TENNESSEE
    23: R1P23
    TE O.J. HOWARD
    ALABAMA
    52: R2P20
    LB ZACH CUNNINGHAM
    VANDERBILT
    83: R3P19
    WR ZAY JONES
    EAST CAROLINA
    100: R3P36
    G ZACH BANNER
    USC
    123: R4P18
    CB CORN ELDER
    MIAMI
    140: R4P35
    WR JOSH MALONE
    TENNESSEE
    165: R5P20
    C JON TOTH
    KENTUCKY
    168: R5P23
    OT WILL HOLDEN
    VANDERBILT
    239: R7P18
    RB JALEN HURD
    TENNESSEE

With that very aggressive fa period, i felt very comfortable trading back (when offered) and going bpa with every pick. I didn't resign or restructure any of our current players and i released mccourty and douglas. It doesn't let you fill the roster after the draft, but obviously I'd have a little filling to do since i let about 20 players go. But, i have 46m left over to sign rookies and fas, so we're in good shape. If it would let me i would have front loaded all of the fas and it would probably only leave us with around 10m to play with, but all those fas would have much lower cap hits in later years. There'd also probably be a few more cuts with 16 new players being brought in.

Qb mm8
    Rb murray, henry, hurd, fowler, andrews
    Wr mathews, sharpe, jones, patterson, mcbride
    Te walker, howard, supernaw, amaro
    Ot lewan, conklin, kelley, holden
    Og spain, kline, tretola, banner
    Oc jones, toth

Not a bad looking o. Need to add 2 olinemen for comp, a qb or 2 and a wr or 2 for comp.

Dl casey, jones, blackson, woods, johnson, poe
    Edge rak, morgan, dodd, barnett, wallace
    Ilb woodyard, williamson, teo, Cunningham
    Cb gilmore, cooper, elder, sims, reed
    S byard, berry, searcy

Would still need to add a s or 2, an olb and a few dl.

Been pretty board today, lol.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I don't understand why people are suddenly hyping Cook like he's Gronk. Lol. He's still Jared Cook. He's average on a good day.

Same with Britt. Yeah he had 1k yards for the first time in his career. But still only 5 TDs which is second best in his career. Not that he had a lot to work with in STL/LA but he's not what we thought he was going to be back in 2010 and I wouldn't expect him to suddenly be great this late in his career.

I wouldn't hate having Britt...but I wouldn't expect a whole lot out of him either.

I'd take a rookie over Cook.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hell no to them both!

5. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I like this a lot, I just can't imagine Njoku and Cupped being there in the 3rd. Would need to trade up to get em.

6. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

This would be AMAZING but Njoku and Zay Jones will be long gone by where you have them. Still the thought of this is ridiculous!

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Titan/Oiler34

Titan/Oiler34 Special Teams Standout

sorry i've actually kept track of them both... I disagree. like said I knew I was breaking a cardinal rule... sue me LMAO Just an FYI, his ypc average is higher than Delanies... He's also been more consistent in that area and no I'm not poormouthing Delanie. We USE the TE, just thinking out loud/

#27 Titan/Oiler34, Jan 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

No to Britt, hell no to Cook

9. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

No to both for many reasons...

10. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Oh I'm not in some "hate former titans clique." I'm just stating facts. Jared Cook is nothing special. Sure you could do worse... But his name doesn't even belong in the same sentence with Delanie. Lol

My statement about the Cook hype wasn't only based on your mentioning. The commentators in GBs playoff game were raving about the guy and there was a lot of talk about how he would help Rodgers etc...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar