Time For Titans To Form An Identity, Bring Some Attitude & Swagger Back To The Game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Mar 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Gregg Williams has always brought an aggressive, attacking style to his defenses, and it sounds as if that philosophy sits well with Bernard Pollard.

“I’m an old-school player, and I think a good start-up for a defense is to go out there and just slap somebody,” Pollard said. “That’s something that’s going to get us motivated. That’s going to show the offense and the special teams that, ‘Hey, let’s get this thing going.’ ”

Critics contend that Pollard sometimes crosses the line from being a hard-hitting player to a dirty player, perhaps in light of the fact he’s injured key Patriots such as Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski and Stevan Ridley over the years.

But don’t expect Pollard to apologize for his style of play — or alter it — now that he’s a Titan.
    “I could care less about what people think about me as a player,” Pollard said. “I have to feed my family. I have to go out there and play for the city and the organization and my teammates.

“If you want to call me dirty because I hit hard, I’m fine with that. You can call me dirty all day long. But I’m not going to change the way I play. I will not. I will not compromise. I will not give it up.”

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

A huge part of why we haven't been that good the last few years is because once all our really good down and dirty hard hitting players like Haynesworth,Vanden Bosch,Finnegan left we didn't bring in any players to fill those voids.The last few seasons there has not been one player on the defense who was a game changer or anyone defenses feared and it has been that way since 2009 or pretty much the last four years which is long enough.

It looks like now we are bringing in coaches like Gregg Williams and players like Bernard Pollard and both of those together is going to mean a turnaround for this defense.They are both difference makers that have won super bowls the last few seasons and thats what this team needs.

All we need now is a pass rusher in the mold of Jevon Kearse and maybe we can find a player like that in the draft.It is time for us to start making annual trips to the postseason again and being a force in the AFC South.

3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

I believer our DE's are more than capable of getting the job done. We just need a force in the middle of the line to take the pressure off of them! AKA draft STAR!

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar