Time to clean house...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Are you talking about the 1/2 season where he didn't have to face New England, Pittsburgh, and the Jets and yet again only played halfway decent in games that were meaningless? In ANY game that has mattered, Vince has underachieved massively.

Or in the 1 game that we needed to win he got absolutely embarrassed on Christmas night?

If you're bragging on a 10td/7int season averaging 180 yards a game, then I guess you win, and your standards for a QB are at a level I can't comprehend.

In 2009 Vince had the most passing yards in the game he played a Pro Bowl earning 2 times. One of those was against Matt Leinhart, and the other against Trent Edwards. And, this is his BREAKOUT season??

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

So your argument is that the qb is needed/essential/a must to win, we won all last year with VY at the helm, but you don't want to give him any credit. That makes a lot of sense...please don't embarass yourself... but you further state that the only game that mattered was the one game VY loses, where you not here for the 0-6 hole, did every game not matter? Are you serious? or just drunk. Every game VY played mattered. It was a must win every week.

3. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

With VY playing the way he did last year, we were an 11-5 team. KFC got blown out by the jags, then VY plays the jags and they are beat by 17 points! It was the same defense, mind you!

VY's TD and INT percentages are identical to John Elway's numbers. VY's scrambling yards, td's, fumbles, and QB rating are virtually the same as John Elway's. Our best receiver is a rookie from the Big East. VY has the arm and he can get the ball there if needed. He proved it in several passes last year.

How many 40+ yard plays slipped through the fingers of Nate Washington that cost us a win, or when Kenny Britt fumbled a 50+ yard reception. As a run first, pass second team, his numbers are on par

If you give our team one more legitimate down field threat, VY will put up monster passing numbers. I think Dominque Edison is a great project guy w/ his 6'7 frame, and he's shown he can catch the ball. It will be a travesty if he gets cut or doesnt see the field this year. If we picked up a shipley in the draft, and got Jared cook on the field, we would have a monster offense and huge targets that VY won't miss.

I've never questioned VY's skill and athleticism, the guy has made a believer out of me and his attitude and poise is apparent. He's doing all the right things.

The only thing I worry about is his toughness, the guy seems to always be injured. He's never 100%. He always tweaks a muscle or has cramps. I just wonder whether he has the durability to last a 16 game season and not be completely beat up by the playoffs. That's my only beef with VY.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Uh, Mind you it was The Titans who where blown out by The Jags (and it was also The Titans who beat The Jags by 17). CJ ran for maybe 75 yards in that first game not to mention the fact that The Jags rolled thru the Titans secondary like a hot knife thru butter in that first game - catch-up football is neither QB's forte and The Jags scored on just about every drive in that game.

0-6 was not entirely on Collins' shoulders. There seems to be quite a bit of revisionist history going on around here in regard to last season's start..

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

Aren't these things constantly happening?

Everyone knows how important a QB is to winning, but you said there is a direct correlation between a QB's rank and his team's rank within a division...year after year, division after division...

So according to you, your theory was only correct in 2 out of 8 divisions in '09? You said history was pretty clear. This looks pretty shady.

And can you nswer my questions. I asked what your definition is of an above average QB and also for a definition for an elite QB....

Gut

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

Which games of our schedule were meaningless (and can you define what you mean by meaningless since they all count, right) and which games 'mattered?' What's your definition of massive underachievement?

So if a QB on a run first team who happens to have the best RB in the league doesn't throw for a lot of yards and has a positive TD/INT ratio...what's incomprehensible to you? What standards (completion %, yards, TD/int, ect) are 'comprehensible' to you. Were KC's stats comprehensible to you in '08?

Virtually all QB's face lesser opponents...does that mean there seasons are worthless? Funny how VY improves his game and you talk about him being incomprehensibly bad...

Who do you think will be franchise QB's in this draft and how many years will they play before you can comprehend there stats/abilities?

Gut
    Gut

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You tell me how many Pro Bowls Amano has played in or been invited to...

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

how many guys out there who are available to replace him are pro bowl caliber players right now?

9. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Rather than argue, lets put our $ where our mouth is. Since the QB is just another position in this league, I'll take the top 16 QB's and you can have the bottom 16 and we'll bet $X on this years Super Bowl. Hell, I'll take the top 12 QB's and you can have the remaining 20. How can you turn down that deal?

And, I'll take just 2:1 and I'll pick every division winner based on the best QB in that division. Actual odds are 3:1 so you're gettin the best of it again. Who wants to steal some $ from me?

I'll start with the teams that have ZERO chance of winning a Super Bowl because of their QB. I'll put up another $X that NONE of these teams win a Super Bowl in 2010 and lay 3:1 if anybody wants my $.
    -----
    Buffalo, Cleveland, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Kansas City, Oakland, Denver, Detroit, Carolina, Tampa Bay, San Fran, St. Louis, Arizona

10. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Who cares?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar