Time to extend Albert?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

It's been a long time since we have needed to use the Franchise Tag, and it's been even longer since we've had the cap space to do so. Albert is worth it.

2. DRAY

DRAY Camp Fodder

I'd rather the Titan's franchise him and keep him in the contract year mentality.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'd rather not use the franchise tag. I hope he wants to stay here, and that we can get him signed for 4 or 5 more years.

4. BACK2SMASHMOUTH

BACK2SMASHMOUTH TD's Please...

Worth it is all that needs to be said. I think that if we can get him for this kind of $ it would be well served.

I know a lot of people talk about him taking plays off and the fake injury bug he's had over the years and I don't disagree with that. But I think that was more a product of being on a losing team and not caring as much. Now that he's on a team that feels like they can win every Sunday, I think we're seeing less and less of that from him.

5. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

... and I also wonder how much of that had to do with playing on a defense that regularly couldn't get off the field on 3rd long, and with a very thin DT rotation. Those big guys in the trenches are battling harder than anyone else on the field, and they have to do it every play. With a thin rotation causing them to take too many snaps, and a secondary that gave up way too many 1st downs, it's easy to imagine him struggling to keep going 100% every play.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yeah, something tells me you're right.

7. BigSteve09

BigSteve09 Camp Fodder

thats how we jinx ourselves

8. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Big al has looked amazing so far. I like his new attitude too. The 5 game suspension turned him into a new man. Almost into a firendly giant. But don't push him.. i'm always worried that he loses it and explodes.

9. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I say see what he does the next 2 weeks and then evaluate how he has done and if he warrants an extension I'd say 4 games is enough time to tell where he is at and we could get him cheaper now than if we would wait until the season is over. Roos and Stewart should be looked at as well they are great bookends.

Pitbull is right he does seem to have a much better attitude and is playing very well.

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I'd say he's close to his old ways. He played at or near a Pro Bowl level in 05.

I think I'd let things play out a little more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar