Time to find some experienced depth at CB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Well you still have the wave of players that get cut after June 1st which the majority of them are normally veteran players. We could get lucky and find a decent CB for depth in that pool,still plenty of time to scout the players on our roster and if need be,go that direction.

2. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

I think this is exactly what's going to happen if our young guys are looking iffy in camp. Hill would likely be back for the vet minimum.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Rey hill that's a good one. Nice example of how important experience is. The longer he played the worse he got.

Andre woolfolk also got worse the more experienced he gained

The problem with this issue is that the pie in the sky crowd start dreaming about us getting some near pro bowl stud for nothing.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Why is experience so important? Finnegan was a better cover guy as a rookie than wollfolk was after 5 years of brilliant coaching and reynaldo after 4 years of intensive experience. Both those guys were more reliable as rookies.

Why draft these guys if you can't rely on them for to even be a backup? Mouton is a third rd pick are you telling me a third rd pick can't be a backup?

5. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

Boy I hope so, and agreed. First round CB's and a lot of second rounders are starters right away. If he can't at least be a backup after camp and preseason he had no business being drafted in the 3rd round.

That said I would still expect some dropoff with him being a rook. Rookie corners tend to get torched early until they get their bearings somewhere during the season. Dominique Rogers Cromartie is a good example. He struggled a little bit early but really came on in the 2nd half of the season. Pacman struggled some his rookie year and then came on his 2nd year. And those are 1st round picks.

6. hoheff78

hoheff78 Camp Fodder

whats up with chris mcalister how come no one picked him up

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

He's probably still asking a higher price than he's likely to get. Or he could not be interested in doing mini camps. He'll go somewhere by the end of June.

8. I'd say we're fine at CB. I think Faggins is fine as the backup outside CB. And Mouton is the backup at nickel, and perhaps #4 outside as well. Let Williams and McCourty fight for the #5 CB spot.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

He'll probably end up with the Cowgirls or Redskins. I'm surprised heither team has signed either one yet. I know you all are probably thinking "the Redskins can't afford anyone else!" but I'm pretty sure Snyder deals money under the table, so that's never a problem.

10. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

So less experience is better? Gotcha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar