Time to give a little praise to #85

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabomnim

Sabomnim Starter

unfortunately, when we signed him all steelers fans said that washington can make all the hard highlight reel catches but cant catch the ball when it hits him square in the hands....so far this seems to be pretty true

2. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Unfortunately, Washington has had critical drops in the last 2 or 3 games.

You know things are bad when there is a thread praising the guy for being able to catch a pass.

3. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

#85 is still in my dog house. He needs to have more than one nice catch to get out. I need a couple of game winning catches for him to get off Titanium's bad list.

He was paid like he is a #1 receiver. I would love to see him play like one, consistently..

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. TenACTyrant

TenACTyrant Hey Reynaldo TURN AROUND!

excuse me if i dont get impressed with catching a 30 yard pass in a blowout

he'll have to do a lot to make up for some of his miscues, the biggest of which being that ridiculous drop last week. you're getting paid way too much to drop those.

5. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

If he does it against the dolphins & rams then i will feel better

6. AH3

AH3 Rookie

I thought this was going to be a thread about Ochocinco :ha:

Nate did play well yesterday, but so did everyone else in a Titans uniform. I know he has the potential to play like that every week, so hopefully an offseason with Vince taking the QB1 snaps will lead to a more consistent passing attack.

On a side note, did anyone see the Giants receivers last night? We don't have too much to complain about. Between Nicks' drops (though he did have a sick TD) and Manningham not being able to get his feet down...wow. Tough night for them.

7. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

OK Jeff....guilted me into this...

I pretty much trashed Nate all day on the chat forum...but give him his profs, he had a good game yesterday, and the catch inside the 5 was phenomenal. I also agree that both him and Britt are very active downfield on CJ's long runs, which makes them longer.

That being said, Nate is still partially in my doghouse, and I want to see him play big when it really counts (like on Christmas night...).

8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Nate Washington makes one good catch in the 4th quarter of a blow out against a team that gave up 25 minutes ago and it's time to praise him? IDK....to me he is still a liability to drop huge passes because his most notable plays this year have been drops. Britt has the TD vs Arizona, Gage broke his back making a highlight reel catch, CJ takes everything to the house, and Nates most memorable plays are 2 HUGE drops in HUGE games. Granted, that was a tough catch vs the Rams, a spectacular and VERY difficult catch, but the ones that we really needed at clutch times landed on the turf.

You were saying the same thing about Nick Harper, in terms of him not 'getting enough credit'. I don't really agree with that judgment either, I think Nick Harper gets burned more then nearly any CB in the league. I understand, he's a decent tackler, but he's a CB, whose purpose is to cover receivers, not to tackle them after they get the ball. Nick's run covering abilities would make him a fine Nickle back, but he can't cover receivers worth a flip...too slow.

Hopefully Nate gets over this case of the dropsies. I know lots of receivers go thru it, but I can't help but think about all the Steelers fans who told me what to expect with him and so far its more or less exactly what we're getting.

9. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

Kinda off topic but I think Nick shoulda been a rushing safety........shame we only bring 4 to the other QB; he can tackle well.....but can't cover worth a @(*#.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Apparently not for some. I thought it was an outstanding catch but what was I thinking? Nothing really mattered at that point in the game including Fuller's pick for a TD since that happened AFTER Wash's catch, right? ;)

I believe I said Hood wasn't necessarily an upgrade based on three games against some poor pass offenses. I've given Harper credit for his support in stopping the run but I've never said he was anything but a liability against the pass and should be upgraded.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar