Time to give a little praise to #85

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Actually, I've been meaning to start a thread about Washington...

The first part of the season he was not only not catching balls, he wasn't blocking either. His worst game might have been the Jets game where he had a couple of key drops, didn't block well for the most part and didn't even put in much effort on a couple of plays.

He has been getting open deep and VY has been finding him...but he's still making huge drops. HOWEVER, for a small guy, he's been doing a heck of a job blocking in the run game. And that HAS made a nice positive impact on CJ's ability to break stuff to the outside or not be caught downfield by a CB.

Worth noting! Now as Key always said...

Catch the damn ball!!!

Gut

2. smileyforall

smileyforall Da Blue Mamba

Congratulations to him on the catch, but he hasn't earned my trust as one of our recievers yet. His drop at Indianaplois cost us the game, and his drops in general have been drive killers, and just deflating in general.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Not that I would praise any Raven, but their #85 made one big time play too.

4. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

we were up like 40-7 at that point....I'll praise him when he stops dropping the easy ones that actually count.

btw, that catch wasn't even all that impressive....

5. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

I agree, I have a few Steeler buddies that said the same thing to me when we first signed him up. They said he'll make the most amazing catch one minute and then drop an easy pass any average H.S. receiver should make the next. So far that's exactly what I've seen out of him and I don't think that will change, I think he's just one of those kind of receivers that has tremendous ability but can't harness it on a consistent basis.

6. smileyforall

smileyforall Da Blue Mamba

aka Brandon Jones......

7. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

I agree with what you said and offer a solution. Throw it to him only when he is tightly covered by defenders and make sure its a bad throw.

I believe we had another receiver that dropped the easy ones. I think the conclusion was that it was mental. When open he has too much time to think about whats happening. When they got to fight for it, zero thought process and instinct with a little athleticism and luck helps also.

Anyway, lets hope he has gotten all his drops out of the way. I am sure we will be needing a few catches this Sunday.

8. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

LOL

He may be onto something there, folks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar