Time to lay off the young WRs (rant)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titaneers, Oct 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

Too many topics bashing the WRs... seriously, they should be merged because they say the same pointless unintelligent things.... drop so and so, so and so sucks, can't wait for so and so to get the boot... well, a day later and they're still on the team.... wonder why..

These guys are YOUNG (most of them are younger than me) and don't have the playing experience that we need.. coupled with a very short training camp with 2 different QBs... Don't forget Locker was throwing to most of what was left in the preseason and Hass came in very late and had to learn a whole new system with whole new receivers... it should be expected that they have some growing pains... now one may ask, why don't they have the playing experience? because of Fisher's silly depth chart.. Gage and Washington were the usual starters which didn't leave a lot of room for the younger WRs to grow. the only real action they saw was in preseason or garbage time...there's a few snaps here and there during a real game.. but that hardly warrants for any sort of experience

Bringing in another WR is not the best idea either... not only are they going to be there for a half a year, but they'll have to learn this system like avery is doing, may not contribute right away and will stunt the growth of the WRs and take a step back in terms of youth... and lets be honest.. how far is someone.. even TO... going to take us in the season.... even if we get to the playoffs we'll get creamed... and we go home just like the rest of the teams that didn't make it... what reward did we get there? a lower draft pick woo hoo

ask yourself, if we had Britt yesterday, would we have pulled it out? even with the overall bad performance with the running and the defense? I think not.... address defense needs first... Offense wins games, Defense wins superbowls.. and we're still hurting with our below average LBs and Safetys... coverages that make our eyes bleed and checkdown passes that go for 10+ yards isn't going to win games....

and as a response to those that say this is a biased post.. it's not.. it's simply a rebuttal to all the cloned "WR sucks" post.... DWill was thrown quickly into the fire and playing at the X spot (which is extremely hard and taxing by the way) and is using this time to develop and learn more... Mariani's still very young as well and knows that he needs to work on his seperation... but as for Hawkins... he should be showing a lot more being a 4 year vet... don't much care for his hook routes that he has to dive for and need to be reviewed every time to see if he actually caught it...

that's all for now... be patient with them and see this as a learning experience...
    go for it with the responses... and if all you can do is fire a "it sucks" and leave it as that.. all that tells me is that i must be right because you're too much of a coward or too stupid to say something back..

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It's pathetic that our biggest offensive play of the day came on a 30-yard penalty. I hope Avery shows up more, he looks like a viable option.

O and anyone who hasn't noticed, I was a HUGE Hawkins fan, not anymore, cut this kid.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Damian Williams was put out of the game with bruised palms from the ball. And we had a big play called back because of a stupid holding penalty. The guy has a history of being mentally "fragile". We should cut our loss with him and give Hawkins more opportunities.

Avery should have been able to get that other foot down. I don't know if that is teachable.

4. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Avery gained more yards than the others and didn't caught a ball!

5. Titaneers

...what? get your facts straight... take a look back when he get injured, the defender held one hand back when he was falling... he needed both to break the fall instead his head hit the ground first which knocked him out of the game
    and he didnt have a holding call, it was an offensive PI... he did a shoulder check which allowed Wash to get free... those don't always get called... check back at the browns game.. it was almost the exact same play and he got away with it and it led to an eventual TD

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

His palms were already bruised before that play. And it has been published that he has confidence issues.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Justin Gage used to always have sore knees and chapped lips come Monday after a loss, and he always kept his job. Williams better get his chap stick out cause he needs to get benched.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I'd take Gage over everyone but Washington right now, no joke. At least he pays SOME attention to the ball and has insticts (if you don't think he has instincts, watch some old TD catches...those instincts don't go away).

9. Titaneers

that's hilarious, people wanting and supporting Gage back now... you can see where the alcohol has destroyed brain cells

going back to my post.. patience is a virtue... he had a decent game against the Steelers and a game where he got knocked out and we're giving up on him...

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

He had a decent game in garbage time.

and I'm not asking for Gage back but honestly think he would be a more viable option to move forward than with Hawkins or D. Will. Stats don't lie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar