Time to lock up Brown

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Tony Brown has shown the last few weeks that he deserves to be among the Titans top priority to get signed to a long-term deal. The guy messed up in Indy but he's been a force most of the season.

The other must signing is Tulloch. Time to get both done.

I put a long-term deal for Brown and Tulloch way above a deal for Bulluck and KVB.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

bulluck gets franchised, especially if 2010 is uncapped.

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

KVB is next years Harper.

He's simply not worth a contract even at vet minimum which btw doesn't exhist in 2010.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Completely agree TJ. We simply must lock him up ASAP. You hate to see what happened in Indy but it's not like he's been a major problem or anything. Hopefully he learned from the experience.

And as much as I'd hate to see KB go, guys like Brown and Tulloch need to be our first priorities. I could care less about KVB at this point. He's clearly lost a step (or two) and is nearing the end of his days as a viable starting option.

5. AH3

AH3 Rookie

Agreed. KVB has taken a turn for the worse with Big Al leaving and him aging a little more. Bulluck's still got it and I'd hate to see him go, but if it comes down to it, we need Tulloch and Brown. Hopefully we can keep all 3 though.

EDIT: I just remembered the play yesterday when CJ got hit out of bounds (no call, but CJ fell pretty hard). I loved how Tulloch immediately got up in the guys face, even without his helmet. I liked him a lot already, but he definitely gained some more respect for that. Other guys got up there too, but I can't remember who (a guess would be Finnegan, he always finds his way into stuff like that ha).

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I agree that he needs to be signed ASAP. He is as vital as anyone else on the defense at this point. Considering what just happened in Indy, now might be an especially good time to lock him up. It might be possible to shave a few dollars off the contract.

7. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

Yea seriously. At least he didn't HEADBUTT the guy, eh?

:p

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

I totally agree on Brown...he's our best overall DT and we need him! This is also his first 'big' contract so hopefully we won't be making him the top 5 highest paid DT and can get him at a reasonable number.

I like Tulloch and think he's good fit for the Titans. He's by far our best banger (able to take on blockers and stuff them, shed and make a tackle). He's also improved nicely in pass coverage and keeps getting better. I don't think he'll ever be a spectacular player, but he's a good piece to our defense.

I believe Bo Scaife and Lendale White will be RFA's and tendered with the idea to move them for draft picks. Crumpler will walk.

I hope we re-sign Bulluck. He's easily one of our 3 best players on defense and losing him without upgrading via free agency will guarantee our D doesn't improve much if at all and upgrading our D is VITAL to returning to Super Bowl contention.

Gut

9. Hopefully they'll keep Brown locked up. He's played very well this year.

On the flip side, it will all come down to how much money he demands. With the salary cap gone, he could try to break the bank in free agency (relatively speaking).

10. kstone

kstone Starter

I agree. We should try to lock him up. The hard part is that we are going to have several players on d that are going to be free agents also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar