Time To Look At The Colts Game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TITANFANATIC911, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The win Against Jax was huge for us and i think will play a big part playing against Indy at home.I know Indy's defense played well against the Saints but i also think that the Saints did run enough against them either.I feel like if our running game can get established like it did in JAX and limit Manning to the big plays,i like our chances espically at home.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Fisher thinks a little differently tho'. I remember the ravens playoff game that we lost. If they prepare for the run, Fisher will come out throwing. It will be interesting to see how we open this game. My gut tells me we are going to come out throwing to the Tight Ends on play action.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

sorry but Youngs passing isn't going to scare anyone. The Colts will stack the line to stop the run. If our OL plays like they did against the jags we should still get some running room.

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I agree Ewker, instead of "dare Mcnair" it'll be "dare Young" to throw...

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

if we can stop the run with our front seven, we've got a shot.

6. Smart***Titan

Smart***Titan Camp Fodder

I think our running game should be solid against the Colts. The strength of the Colts defense is their speed. They are an undersized D that runs to the ball. If the offensive line plays aggressive like it did against the Jags, we should be able to get solid runs, with a few of those 12-15 yard gains. Our defense is obviously going to be tested, and I fully expect that are secondary will get burned a play or two. As long as the secondary limits mistakes and we get good pressure with our front four, this should be a close game in the 4th quarter, and that's all you can ask for.

Vince is definately going to have to play better, be more accurate, and not make those poor throws into coverage if we are going to win. A big positive for us is that KVB is going to be going against rookie LT Tony Ugoh in his 2nd NFL start. I'll take KVB in that matchup every time...

7. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Pressure, Pressure, Pressure. In order to beat manning we have to knock him down over and over again. I don't think we got enough pressure on Garrard, but I think that was because we wanted to contain him and not let him run outside the pocket.

8. zackmann

zackmann Guest

i think the jags game highlighted that teams just can't stack the line against the run....

we have multiple rushing threats...even if a gameplan calls to stack the box and make Vince throw it, that plan can't account for Vince's scrambling ability AND stopping the inside trap Chris Brown excels so much...not to mention LenDale...

so if Indy plans to stack the box, I have a hard time believing that Chow won't find a way to run the ball...whether it is out of the shotgun with Vince and Lendale, or out of the I with Chris Brown....or with Vince just scrambling on designed and improvised plays....

and doesn't it seem that fans are way more worried about Vince's passing deficiencies than they should be...how many games in the last 2 years have we lost b/c Vince was below average passing the ball? And is that number of games considerably less than other QB's who are allegedly great passing QB's...

Vince plays a different game at QB than other QBs....whereas Cutler or Leinart or Bress (for instance) might be 31-42 for 350 yards, those stats don't always translate into points and wins....heck cutler had 300+ yards and their team only scored a few more points than us...with both the titans and broncos blowing redzone opportunities....stats are secondary to winning the game....there is not always a correlation between the two...

I'll be more worried when Vince starts making stupid decisions managing the game in general...Passing is only one of the things a QB needs to do to get his team the Win...right now his fumble in the backfield is more worrisome than the pick he threw...

9. whitevick331

whitevick331 Guest

even if the colts put everyone in the box. we just ran the heck out of the jags D, and they put 12 in the box to stop us. They knew we were going to run and we got 10-15 yards a pop. I think the Jags D is better and more aggresive than the Colts, so i say let the colts put 8 in the box. We just proved we can run that way. But for vince. i think he will do enough to get the win. HAIL TITANS

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Colts defense relies upon speed. We can run straight AT them... That is going to make all the difference. It's not like we are going to rely on the stretch play and trying to bounce outside. The Titans run game I saw Sunday will match up well. Our guards, tackles, and center will but a hat on each DT, LB... Freeney concerns me though... but mostly in passing situations.

I think the Titans will run well against Indy because we will run AT them rather than away. I think we will be able to dictate the tone of the game if Manning does not torch us in the passing game. I like the idea of wearing the Colts front 4 out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar