Time To Mourn?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DCtitan49, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

I dont want to sound like a depressing anti-titan fan, but the question i pose to you, fellow posters, is it time to mourn yet?

I mean look at this offseason so far, what have we done? have we helped the team? or have we made it worse? Ill let you be the Judge.

Main Players that boarded planes out of Nashville: Drew Bennett, Travis Henry, Bobby Wade, Peter Sirmon, Eron Kinney, Chris Brown, Robaire Smith, and even Donnie Nickey (if you count him as main). Now here is a list of some of the players that had the biggest contributions to our team's success last year, Travis Henry, Vince Young, Pacman Jones, Rob Bironas, Bobby Wade, and even Drew Bennett for his leadership.4 of those 6 guys are not going to be dressing in the 2 toned blue next year. 1 of them might never play in the nfl again.
    That Brings us to the Pacman situation, facing Jail time, i dont wanna get into details, you can read the front page and seee his charges for Battery and what not. This does alot of harm to our team, not only does it take away one of the most explosive Corners/punt returners in the leauge, it also provides a distraction.
    Now we look at people we have failed to bring in, people we talked about on this thread that we wanted SOOOOO badddd but were shutdown. Donte Stallworth, Ken Hamlin, Kevin Curtis, the list goes on. What people have we brought in? 1 big name if taht, Nick Harper, heck at least he has a ring. Ryan Fowler? Bryan Scott? KERRY COLLINS??? for crying out loud.

I know this was a weak year in free agency, but cmon, dont tell me we couldnt have at least signed 1/4 of the guys we were shooting for. theres probably going to be a lot of arguement coming after this post, about "OH THE FREE AGENCY IS OVER YET!" cmon, what more is there to do in free agency. We havent addressed any of our needs. weve made more needs. but i dont think we planned to do that in this "system"i keep hearing about. putting a title on this offseason would have to be "A Series of Unfortunate Events" you think? To top everything off, were in a league with the superbowl champions, a rising Jaguar team, and a Texan team with a new, good qb. I personally dont see how we can improve by losing some of our top players and not replacing them at all. Thank You.

2. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

feel free to leave comments..

3. Chem

Chem Camp Fodder

One word to describe the Titans this coming season: doomed.

4. jfrancis04

jfrancis04 AKA jonboy_the_titan

I too was getting upset when thinking about all that's went on: free agency, pacman, etc... We all seem to be forgetting one thing: VY. I just watched a highlight video from last year and I started to get that feeling again. You know...like the feeling we all had when the Titans were coming back on the Giants. When we played Indy @ home. @ Buffalo towards the end of the season. I started to get that feeling of belief that we could beat anyone. I know they aren't putting players around him yet, but Vince Young is a guy that makes people around him better. If we can start our season the way we finished last season...I think we will be very dangerous.

I'm not saying that this offseason has been good b/c I don't think it has. We just have to realize that we still have the draft, but the biggest weapon we have is Vince Young.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

VY, regardless of what many homers believe, is not that good. Unless he does some major improving, he can't carry this team by himself. Let's face it, his best moments took 3 quarters to happen in most cases and the first 3 quarters he always looked below average. Plus, he'd have to outscore the opposing offense and that seems like it'll be impossible.
    The good news is, he was a rookie and played well for a rookie. But he has to improve greatly.

This staff screwed us over more than anything else this offseason. They don't seem to care if we win or not. If Bud thinks people will keep buying tickets to watch Vince Young while being on a losing team every year, he's in for a rude awakening.

6. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

Psssssh..."Drew Bennett for his leadership." Come on man, whatever. The only true loss was Travis Henry, we didn't just let him go for fun. They must see something in LenDale putting this much trust in him.

How many teams actually got several big name free agents besides the Pats? We still have nearly 4 more months of possible FA pickups plus 9 draft picks. There's plenty left to do, the sky isn't falling yet.

7. jfrancis04

jfrancis04 AKA jonboy_the_titan

VY isn't that good? You're kidding right? In his rookie year the guy was 8-5 as a starter, beat the SB champion Colts, and won rookie of the year. Not that good? This has to be a joke.

As for the comments about taking 3 quarters to happen...that's what great players do. They rise to the occasion when the game is on the line. The 4th quarter is when a team needs its QB the most. Tom Brady is an expert at 4th quarter comebacks. No one claims that he waits until the 4th quarter to come through.

I agree that Vince needs to improve, but that's the whole point. Look how great he was as a rookie. I respect your opinion, but I believe this guy is something special man.

8. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

QB Rating: 66.7
    12 td's to 13 ints

Yeah. He's great. Sorry I ever questioned it. He struggles to complete 50% of his passes, many being wildly thrown. I knew I couldn't be realistic about VY here.
    Like I said, it takes him 3 quarters to start playing. His qb efficiency rating doesn't even crack the top 50. But yeah, Godly. No doubt. haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar