Time To Mourn?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DCtitan49, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

At least you know where the real fans are.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

im not mourning, but i am questioning.

3. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Seriously....it's like they just sprung up like a wild fire and won't go out. I blame it on the Colts. With them winning that oh so elusive title, many of the closet Colt fans/Manning lovers have started to think about what their true colors are or rather should be. That's fine, but I know what team I cheer for and that's the two tone blue.

Nothing in life is guarunteed; It's full of "if's" and "maybe's". Who would've thought that Pac would be in this situation or that we'd lose our RB in Travis Henry? The only difference from the end of the season and now, is that we know that those if's and maybe's have happend. So the best thing we can do is accept it and move on.

Free Agency is not the land o' stars that it's made out to be. It's through the draft from which the stars come from that make up free agency. That's what the "plan" is: don't overpay pre-madonna's seeking one last pay day, but rather add depth through it and draft the stars of tomorrow. Also to whoever said that the Texans are better off with Matt Schaub, you're sadly mistaken. They basically got rid of someone who was starting to show promise, but had no protection for a guy who has taken a few snaps in limited playing time and still has a putrid stat sheet.

4. Titanmc

Titanmc Starter

This is the biggest crock....to a man they care more about winning than anyone of this board!

If you are a season ticket holder, why don't you turn yours in. There is only over 15,000 people waiting for you to do so.

Yea, the hate Bud group sure must be a big one. All he did was bring an NFL team to a city, no one thought would have one in their life time.

I know that it is hard for a person of your stature and knowledge to accept, but they know more about running and coaching a NLF team than you or anyone else on this board!

Cool it! Chicken Little!

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'm sure they do know more about running an 'NLF' team, and it seems that's exactly what they're doing. My tickets are paid for by somebody that yells non-stop. Don't confuse me for being some crappy fan just because our offseason has sucked so far.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

After all, they only accounted for 1198 yards of our 2596 passing yards.

7. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

But a Drew Bennett and Bobby Wade can be easily replaced.

I mean come on...

say we get Jarrett or Bowe or Teddy (sorry gunny)

One of them with Brandon is way better then Drew and Bobby..

Then we got Scaife and Troupe who both healthy could be go to guys. Troupe still has yet to break out and be the guy we know he can be.

Then we have Givens. God knows when hes comming back tho. And Roby , Williams and Orr who all could turn out to be good.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

To all bridge jumpers, pac man said he is on his way to jump with you, but was delayed when he was pulled over by the police at the base of the bridge, and was arrested for possession, but wanted his fans to know, he will meet them at the bottom with or without handcuffs.

Traffic on the bridge has been slowed due to the jumpers. Some Titan fans are trying to talk them down, but persistant honking seems to be most effective deterrent. And traffic should resume flowing in about an hour.

Psychiatrists have been made available to all fans who are not Irish.

The Titans GM has made a statement. He believes no action whatsoever should be done to alleviate the problem of the bridge jumpers. There is the rumor that a plan is in place to clean up the mess at the bottom of the river, but the GM was unavailable for comment, and we have no confirmation of said plan whatsoever. Bodies continue to pile up.

Chris Brown was injured attempting to jump, and a jump is now probable, possibly questionable, but he was quoted as saying he is now day to day.

Fisher is taking a no tolerance position. Saying that anyone jumping off the bridge can no longer root for the team, nor participate in fan activities, unless your resulting injury handicaps you. At which point, you will be provided access to all handicap facilities except for the weight room. Fisher said he will allow you to jump off the bridge up to ten times under the no tolerance policy. Maybe eleven. There will be a bus as the bottom of the bridge that will take you back to the top so that you can jump again if you fail to die, but Fisher said it too has been delayed as Billy Volek is still underneath it.

Lendale white has been seen spitting off the bridge.

9. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I guess what I want from those who continue to make claims that the Titans have absolutely failed this offseason...and as a result its time to mourn this poorly run team that just has no chance to win a game next year...tell me what YOU would have done this offseason.

Put the GM hat on and lay out what you would have done and what you would have paid for the players you feel we should have secured.

Go ahead...show us what you would have done and be accurate about the money and the cap impact, along with how it impacts us in the next 3-5 years with upcoming contracts for current key players.

Because if you are just going to say we "should have gotten" this guy or that guy then sit down. I have been antsy about not getting more guys in just because we have cash to spend, but being stupid about it for a year or two's return is not what is going on. This team is not destined to make a Superbowl run this year nor next, in my opinion...but another year after that and who knows.

So...let's hear it....tell me why I should be mourning this team...better yet explain it as though Vince was sitting across the table and explain to him why you think the team is doomed.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

[sound]churp of crickets[/sound]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar