Time To Mourn?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DCtitan49, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

ok...please, explain to me what more can happen in the rest of this dreaded offseason, theyre arnt anymore "great" players out there, now the draft, we might get 1-2 contributors but no one who can make up for the Bennett/Wade/Henry offensive production and the Pacman Defensive production. Weve lost huge chunks of the team and rebuilt with tiny pieces of cardboard. A team doesnt loose over half its offense then come back the next season shooting for a superbowl. sorry but it doesnt work like that.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I know the Titans are doing what they can. I know what we have in Vince Young. We might not have Pacman but then again we might. Either way if the team is playoff bound, that's great and if this is a lag year that's too bad. There is not alot that separates the elite and the bottom feeders and right now we are in the muddled middle. However, if you think you can judge Vince Young from a stat sheet you are out of your freakin' mind. This team begins and ends with Vince Young. He is who I believe will take us to the promised land. Look at our roster... look at the youth there... we have a great team... I saw a comment that noted Chris Brown and Peter Sirmon as some great loss. Give me a break. I volunteer to throw any one of you off the Shelby Bridge any given Sunday. Just say the word. It'll be my pleasure. :winker:

3. Sledge

Sledge Guest

And don't forget the many cuts that may still happen...

4. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

i just want to thank you, because i know the exact feeling youre talking about, your words are heaven sent

5. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Let’s take a realist view of the FA off-season. All the players we lost are not top caliber players. They are good at best. We have equal talent already on the team as the WR & RB we lost. Unproven yes but at the same talent level. Thus replacing them is not as big a task. Where we failed was in being willing to spend future cap dollars to bring in the top-notch players that could vault us to a playoff completive team. Our weakness is on defense. We need a top notice DE that Kearney would have filled nicely. We need shut down corner to replace Hill. Harper was a great move but the best one went to SF. Now that packman is going to be gone, we need another. Thompson still needs upgraded out. We were terrible at stopping the run last year and we need a beast at MLB to fix the problem. In fact, I would rather see us spend our 1st round pick on the MLB or the Safety position rather than the projected WR position.

6. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

The only problem with that is the top MLB (Willis) and the only two Safeties I consider first round caliber (Nelson and Landry) will probably be gone by #19, if any of those three are available, we should definately take them, but I'd rather see us take a top tier WR in the first than reach for a LB or S, I wouldn't mind seeing us take Posluzny from Penn State, either, but if we're going that route I think we can trade down and get him later in the first.

7. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

i say definatly go defense in round 1. we can get a reciever in later rounds, hopefully a Marquis Colston type of guy.

8. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I didn't know there were many "great" players out there to start with.

9. I waited 5 long years to get my season tickets and I plan on attending every game I can regardless of who's playing and how many people showed up. I am a Tennesse Titans fan. I may not agree with who they keep, draft, pick up in free agency or cut but that's not my job. MR, JF and the rest of the FO is paid big money to worry about that. I just want to watch my favorite football team play in person or on tv and have fun with my friends in the process. Worrying about all this does no good. It is what is.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Last year was our best year since I've had my seats. This will be my fourth year coming up this fall. We did better than I expected last year. I'm not going to let go of anything until it's final. Besides, it's all out of our hands. I read in another thread that Pacman is full of fear. Fear is a survival instinct. Let's hope it serves him well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar