Time To Move On: Justin Gilbert, Tre Mason

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JimmyTitan, Apr 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

That would be an idiotic move, so naturally I'm worried that's exactly what we have in mind.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

We were 7th against the pass last year, one of those two will be fine. We need to stop the run and get a pass rusher over a corner.

3. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I can understand the uncertainty but I trust that we picked the right guys. I'm not gonna proclaim that BWW is the answer but we gotta at least give him a legit shot to prove us right or wrong. Having a 1st round rookie drafted in your position is the last thing a young player trying to make his mark needs. Really it comes down to BWW because we already know Coty can play in the slot well.

4. xhrr

xhrr Starter

You love Jake Locker so.....

What a waste of ****ing money that would be

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

How is that stupid?

Verner asked us for $9mil a year. We said **** off. He quickly realized his market value was nowhere near that. The Bucs offered him a deal and we tried to jump back in and match the offer, but he was all butthurt and bailed.

So, in theory, we tried to keep Verner at the right price.

Gilbert is a much better prospect than Verner and will be less expensive for the next four years. I don't get why drafting a CB is a big deal... especially when you consider the fact that he's the #1 CB prospect in the draft.

Like I said, we have McCourty, Sensabaugh (unproven), and BWW (unproven), and who else?

As of right now, our corner depth is terrible. Drafting Gilbert makes a ton of sense if he's the BPA at #11.

I am all for giving Sensabaugh and BWW a shot. Drafting Gilbert doesn't mean they won't get a shot. Even the top CB prospects struggle early on.

Verner is gone. Therefore, CB is a need. A big need. We will be drafting a CB. It's just a matter of where.

6. RavensShallBurn

2009 was the 0-6 season. You do realize that, right?

You're probably reading it backwards. 7th worst, yes. So 26th ranked in passing. That blows.

EDIT: My bad. Thought you are talking about 2009, not last year.

I thought 7th worst pass defense was much better than what we were in 2009. I thought we were last.

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

last year wasn't 2009 OMG

8. RavensShallBurn

You quoted JC's post about 2009 and I have gone 40 hours without sleep, so shut it.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

well yea, because he was implying that we would drop from 7th to whatever we were in '09. I like Verner and all, but thats drastic.

10. RavensShallBurn

Well if one corner were to get hurt he could be right.

It's a big need and it will be addressed in the draft at some point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar