Time to part ways with Griffin

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

That's basically where I'm at with this guy. he's here for a while so make the best of it.

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

We are still waiting for McCarthy to reach his full potential. Stevan Ridley made him look like a scrub, along with the rest of the defense. But he does look good compared to Ruud, who didn't belong on an NFL roster last season.

Witherspoon is an OK starter at this point, not much more, although I like him. Casey could start at some other places, but has not played like he is really a something to be reckoned with.

I know the OL is a cohesive unit, but what good have Roos and Stewart done us since 2010? Our OL would not have been any worse with Joe Blow #1 and #2 in place of them at tackle.

Wright, I have high hopes for.

I agree though, many of these guys could start on some teams weak at the position, but many have not proven to be quality players... and we have a roster full of them.

I neglected to mention Nate Washington. He is a legitimate pro WR. One of the few consistent performers.

What we do have is hope for the future, if our young guys work out..
    But I've heard it said: "Hope in one hand and poop in the other, see which one fills up faster"

;)

3. Joe Blaque

Joe Blaque Starter

McCarthy didn't even play the second half (he got injured midway through the second quarter), which is coincidentally when Ridley got most of his yards.

Unfortunately guys like Casey and Witherspoon looked pretty bad yesterday, and then you had Griffin who over-pursued all game. I don't think I saw Griffin try to tackle north-south all game, everything was east-west, just falling down while Ridley kept running.

4. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

It sucks that we're spending the most money on a couple of our worst players! What a waste of money, imagine what we could do to improve our team with all that money we're wasting on Griffin and CJ!

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Michael Whiffin.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

And while I agree that the O-line sucks too but a back that DEMANDS $50million because he's a "play maker" should still be able to muster up more than 4 yards! A much cheaper back can be serviceable with a good line so a $50million play maker should still be able to make something happen every once in a while even with a bad line!

7. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

I think Griffin is a great guy, he does awesome things for Nashville and the community, and the guy used to be a ballhawking safety. I don't know what happened, but I know for sure he isn't the same guy we drafted to make big plays. I hope he can turn his game around, but if I keep seeing games like this from him, I'm gonna have to say yeah, the Titans should really think about parting ways with him.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Without the great pass rush, he was exposed worse than George Michael in a public restroom.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I think teams might actually trade for Griffin. A lot of people think he's really good - other teams included.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Michael 'the Vagician' Whiffin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar