Time to pay Finnegan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I was among those who thought Finnegan's play dropped significantly from a couple of seasons ago. He's now playing the best football of his career, IMO.

I think it's time for the Titans to get an extension in place before he hits the market.

• High Five High Five x 8
  2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Probably too late for that.. We're going to have to give him a lucrative contract to stay and we totally should.. He's still young and is the leader of this defense..

I want him as a life long Titan pretty much.. Or at least for the next 4-5 years..

3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'm out of high-fives. I couldn't agree with you more big kahuna. I also felt like he dropped off a lot and was pissed when he bailed out of camp like he did. He's playing his best ball and deserves to be paid.

4. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

53 million.. he needs a play maker contract

5. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

He'll stay, this team can't be stupid enough to let someone like him walk.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't think it hurts Griff to see Finnegan get a nice extension. It might light a fire.

Hope, Ruud, Hawkins, Scott and Hayes are gone, IMO. Jason Jones, Griff and Stevens will probably get offers from the Titans depending on how the rest of the season shakes out but I don't break the bank for any of them.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I'm slightly worried they like J-mac & ATV so much, they'll consider it depending on what sort of deal Finny asks for.. But surely they won't be that stupid..

8. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

He's the only leader we have on defense though, and Witherspoon to an extent I guess.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

F the Dream Team's CB trio.

Ours is the best!!!

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I think Finnegan is looking at a 5 year/$40mil deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar