Time to play GM.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Oh yeah, forgot. Free agency. I would still go after Darrell Jackson or Randy Moss (if we can get him to restructure) at WR. DE is probably going to be via draft. I would consider Ken Hamlin if he fit our system well, since we probably will not draft a top safety unless it's Nelson at the #19 pick, and we have greater needs at DE, CB and WR.

So, a WR and S is about it until someone else shakes loose. Kevin Curtis is someone I'd still consider, just because he's playing himself right now. Fired Tom Condon, won't sign with any of the dome teams who are crazy to get him (Vikings, Lions). I think his price could come down.

Oh yeah, I also forgot -- I still want Mike Williams to shake loose from Detroit. He should be not expensive when he falls from the tree. I can see counting on him as possession and red zone. If we got Curtis, he could be put on the outside opposite Jones.

My list:

Randy Moss
    Darrell Jackson
    Nick Harper
    Ken Hamlin
    Mike Williams
    Kevin Curtis
    Ian Scott

Not saying I want all these guys, but I'd probably take Harper, Scott, Hamlin, and a WR. I do want Moss, but he's a risk, I'm shady on Jackson and Hamlin (from injuries), but would still take Hamlin, and I feel okay taking Williams to replace Wade. If we drafted Bowe or Meachem, I think either one could contribute early. If you wanted to go into the draft able to take BPA, for the most part, I think you would find one starting WR, one for depth, an upgrade at S and CB for sure.

I also don't think the FO is done. I'm sure they're considering the same thing, and if Fisher can be believed, you have to assume they're being patient, and will try to fill these spots as they can.

If you want to boil it down, you can argue we have either a corner or FS who can step in and play (Finnegan), a FS who miight be an upgrade over Thompson (Fuller, Lowry) and with the re-signing of Long, a DTackle rotation that is already deep (Haynesworth, Starks, Brown, Mahelona, Long) -- they may replace Brown with Scott, but Brown was pretty good last year I have to say. Harper and a WR would be my top priorities.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I like Tulloch but I'm not completely sold on him. I should probaly change mine now since we signed Fowler.

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Instead of Willis I pick Jarrett.

4. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

Sign:

1. Cory Dillon
    2. Nick Harper

Draft:

1. DE
    2. CB
    3. RB

If I couldn't get anymore FAs, Draft:

1. CB
    2. DE
    3. DE or OT
    4. RB

5. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

With us signing Fowler, I guess that rules out us taking Willis.

6. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

All of it I've ever dug up has been brown......??

7. i dont want willis anyway, tulloch is solid

8. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

I would even be happy with Aaron Ross out of texas with our first pick.

9. Titanmc

Titanmc Starter

Trade Pacman for Moss.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

no

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar