Time to see Ealy and P. Williams?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big TT, Nov 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

No disrespect to Housh or Ocho, but I'd love to see The Titans get a Chris Henry (minus the obvious Pacman issues).. Tall, sure-handed field burner who either blows by secondaries or makes em draw pass-interference penalties... Something like 1 TD per every 4 receptions...

2. NationofVols

NationofVols Camp Fodder

Anyone that doesn't think Torry Holt is an elite wide receiver obviously doesn't know much about football. This simply is not up for debate. haha

What's with the Limas Sweed lovefest? Because he was hyped up coming into this college football season, only to go down for the year with an injury? One that will take probably 2 years(like most people) to recover from? It isn't like he was a GREAT wide receiver in college. He's just another good wide receiver surrounded by amazing talent.

Same thing goes for Manningham. Although I think he's much better than Sweed, he has been injured quite a bit and needs to prove that he can be more than a deep threat.

The free agent pool is sad and just like last year, people will have to overpay for who they want. Patrick Crayton is the top free agent along with Donte Stallworth and it's unlikely that either of them will be leaving their teams anyway.

The only way we're going to get a TRUE #1 is to trade for a top guy. Other than that, there isn't anyone we're going to get that is going to make a splash or make a difference right away.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I guess the semantics part I threw in went over the heads of some. Anyway, my point is Holt is not in the same league (or however anyone wants to phrase it) as Moss or TO. Some of our fans have recently talked about getting either of those guys (when they were available). Sure they'd help, but my point is even guys a notch below them would help a lot, and they're more available and some don't have ego issues.

Now go and try to test someone else's football knowledge.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Holt is top 5. Probably #3 in the NFL.

The guy is a superstar.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Put Holt on the Pats right now in place of Moss and he might not be quite as prolific but he would be pretty darn good.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He only missed a game this season due to being suspended for doing "the worm" dance after the penn state game. No injuries. He missed one game his frosh year, and was only hurt in his soph year where he missed 4 games, but returned to play the final 2 weeks.
    And he is much more than a deep threat. Watch his highlights, they constantly give him dump passes, screens, etc so he can make a play with his legs. He usually makes the first guy miss and makes something happen if he has a bit of room.
    I'm also a GT fan, and I'm higher on Manningham than I was on Calvin Johnson. If that tells you anything.

7. Deuce Wayne

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Fellas, fellas, I never said Holt was a turd nugget or anything. I said he's not on the level of TO or Moss. I'd put Harrison above him too. But I'd like a guy like Holt here. A hard worker w/o issues like Moss or TO would be better for us imo. Am I understood here? [​IMG]

9. Deuce Wayne

I think Holt and Harrison are right with each other in terms of talent and ability.

10. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Gloat, how would you compare Manningham to Braylon? I know they are two completely different receivers in terms of size, but does Manningham dominate the way Braylon did? I don't see many Michigan games, so I don't really know how legit this guy is.

The receiver that I am head over heels in love with is James Hardy from Indiana. He reminds me a lot of a Plaxico Burress. He's a monster (6'7 220) and supposedly has the speed to back it up. Only time will tell how good of an NFL prospect he really is, but he is my man-crush at this point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar