Time to sit LenDale

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I totally agree w/ the #10 comment. I could take his INTs and have a few bad games but it is the childish acts on the field and getting rung up it seem almost every game for a 15 yarder that is really getting tiresome.

We are lucky to have L-Dub at this point ... He is on pace to out rush and out score Henry who was the guy everyone wanted to keep last season.

Can't ask for more then that can you?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

bump

:ha:

3. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Yeah, put Chris Henry in there. He's much better. 3 carries for -2 yards.

Any game where we throw 41 times, our RBs combine for only 11 carries and we don't force a turnover on defense is going to result in a loss for this team.

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I'm not a Lendale White fan but 3 consecutive 100yd games is hard to criticize.

Yesterday wasn't about poor individual RB performances. We were out coached & outplayed.

Indy,Kansas & Cleveland all lost. San Diego won a game in the record books based on the efforts of Cromartie & Sproles. As a team they were awful & they are pitifully coached. The Chargers scare no one,the Colts deserved to win that game.

We lost but we didn't really lose ground. Roll on next week.

5. PrimeTyme

PrimeTyme Guest

I think the kind of run plays that are called have a lot to do with Lendale's stats and performance. I mean we haven't exactly been the most creative team offensively. We only run right up the gut and don't even attempt to bust anything outside. This means that not only can defenses put 8 or 9 in the box but they can crash wrecklessly into the line and blow things up because they aren't affraid of us passing either. If we don't change things up no running back will be able to have any great success in this system. Lendale has done well getting 3 100 yard games doing what he has been asked to do.

6. Fry

that's because lendale doesn't have the speed to get outside.

7. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I agree, and that's the problem I have with him. Defenses know nothing is going outside. LenDale has put up good numbers, but considering how talented our offensive line is, it doesn't impress me all that much. Our off-season better be focusing on Albert and the offense.

I can only dream of having a more versatile back. Get Michael Turner, show Brown the door, and I think our running would be set for a while. It would remind me a lot of what's going on in Pittsburgh. Willie and Najeh/Turner and LenDale. Interesting.

8. PrimeTyme

PrimeTyme Guest

I think Lendale might surprise you if they got him the ball in space. Besides that though we have Henry that definitely has the speed to do all kinds of things on the outside but nothing has been attempted. If they tried and were getting stuffed and got away from it I would understand but it hasn't even been attempted. On the other hand, we continue to slam into packed lines of scrimmage for minimal gains and continue to repeat it over and over and over and over and over. Most teams do that to set up play action passes and other plays, we just do it for ****$ and giggles I guess.

9. Fry

the coaches aren't dumb, they know lendale can't turn the corner so they don't bother wasting a play with it.

10. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

No doubt that VY isn't having a good season. Still, it isn't because of his own apathy. He is in good shape and is just struggling. There is no upside to putting Kerry in irregardless. He is old and we know what his ceiling is and it isn't high enough to warrant benching VY.

I never said anything about benching White since he is the only workhorse on our roster. I simply said that he needed less carries since he was our least productive back on a per carry basis. I say cut his carries in half and use our backups for 10-15 carries a game when healthy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar