Time to strike while the IRON IS HOT!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gut, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

We need to make a play for Cutler right now. This is exactly the kind of conditions that rarely come up but in which a team can swoop in and get something really good for below market value!

I'd offer our first this year, Kerry Collins, and our 2nd next year. Or they, they could add a player out of a pool of players (not in addition to the above) but to help facilitate the deal. Players like Crumpler, White, Kearse, Fowler, ect.

Cutler could be our QB for the next decade!

McDaniels is already making huge mistakes. It's funny, in New York, a sports radio show was guessing/making fun of how a 'maekup' call between Cutler and McDaniels would go.

-Hey Jay, Coach here...sorry bout the confusion over Cassell...of course, if you could limit your turnovers like he does, we wouldn't be here.

-Hey Jay, Coach here...forget about the trade stuff. It'll go away when you can learn to be as accurate as Cassell.

-Hey Jay, Coach here...don't worry about the trade thing. Course, if you took coaching like Cassell does...

Even funnier, is that this is virtually exactly HOW the call went. While making up, McDaniels kept telling him things he needed to fix and improve in his game (though probably not by comparing him to Cassell:). Hey Josh, the way you make up is NOT by telling people what they do poorly!

Gut

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I agree,I don't think that Collins would go to Denver though.

3. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Wouldnt mind it,but i cant see it happening. No way you have Cutler as the #1 and VY as his back up,you bring in Cutler you better find a suitor for Vince between now and Sept. I just cant see the Titans trading for a QB that was in the same class as Vince and then making him the starter,its just to crazy....(But i'd be kinda of intrigued by it:lol:)

4. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Why not, I'm sure the hunting is better then TN ;)

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

No. Just no.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I would like for it to happen but I doubt it will.

Can you imagine how Young would react to this. His ego is already fragile. He would really go off the deep end. There would be another police search going on for him :grrhee:

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

(waiting for Don'tDraftCutler dude to chime in)

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Is this so we can look forward to not making the playoffs... I don't get it. Giving up two qb's who win for a qb who loses. Makes no sense to me. Plummer took the same Denver team to 4 consecutive winning seasons. Cutler takes them to two consecutive losing. It's a step backward for the Titans just to consider it. I've got nothing against Cutler, he's just not getting it done. We've got a good thing going with Collins and Young. We need to keep moving forward at the right pace and in the correct direction. We are contenders now.

9. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Yea, the defense Cutler has compared to Kerry/Vince is pretty similar. Cutler sure hasn't done much on HIS SIDE of the ball with 2 young receivers and a rotation of about 8 running backs. It's unfortunate that some fans still don't get that we MAKE the playoffs because of our defense, and are 0-2 IN the playoffs because we can't score more than 13 points.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Cutler isn't a loser. Cutler was on losing teams.
    Actually, Cassell was a loser as well wasn't he? The Pats didn't make the playoffs and look at the year Cassell had. The point is sometimes a team can win despite the QB and sometimes a team can lose even when the QB plays well enough.

What we don't know in this whole thing is what Dinger thinks of Cutler considering Dinger spent some time with him in Denver. IMO if Dinger like Cutler we should attempt to make a deal. From my perspective Cutler IS more than good enough to lead a balanced team to the playoffs and given the right team round him lead a team to the SB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar