Time to...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gut, Mar 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

So it'll be McRath, Tulloch and Witherspoon? Could turn into a tough group.

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Didn't they also switch from a 4-3 to a 3-4 in the last or so? They don't appear to have the right front 7 guys to run a 3-4 which may be why they're signing DL in free agency to keep blockers off their LB's.

I'm not worried about him vs the run. Our DE's play wider than most 4-3 teams and they are still designed to penetrate. He doesn't have to stack a double and hold the LOS. His quickness and penetration is WHAT the Titans are looking for. The key things are...he's had a TON of sacks recently and that doesn't happen by accident. Even in the Pro Bowl you could tell he could get around just about anyone...which is what we're sorely lacking.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'd take McRath over Thornton anyday of the week. Thornton could be a great back-up. If Tully, McRath, or Witherspoon get tired, he'll replace their spot. He'd be great for depth and certain situations.

McRath has alot of upside, and we really need to get him in there NOW.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

IF we're looking at starting McRath, I think it will be at KB's spot with Spoon taking Thornton's role. Thornton gets a TE more often and KB's role was as the 'hit man.' The Hit man roams and should be the least blocked player of the front 7. That's good for McRath...but he needs to read players and diagnose faster.

Personally, I'd like to see them draft a LB and also perhaps sign another vet who can fight it out in trainingcamp and let the top 3 guys play. That vet could be re-signing Bulluck with the idea that McRath will start in his place til he's ready...then it's a battle at that position.

Gut

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I would love for Bulluck to be re-signed, I just don't think it will happen. I also think that I'd rather have Witherspoon and McRath starting over Thornton no matter what spot it is.

I'm really excited to see Tulloch this year. While watching the games, I always noticed how Bulluck would get the first hit, then .2 seconds after that Tulloch was there. Now that Bulluck is probably gone, Tulloch will be getting all those tackles.

I would also love the Titans to take a LB, just not in the first. I'm thinking a 3rd or 4th rounder would be great. We already have: Thornton, McRath, Tulloch, Witherspoon, Keglar, Winborn, Allred, and Amato. I haven't given up on Keglar yet, he could be a contributor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar