Tips on pumping gas

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by JCBRAVE, Mar 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Yesterday a lady pulled up behind me, talking on her cell phone, left the car running and proceeded to take the lid off her tank.. whistled and got her attention she was like "oh my".. and then hung up. Bad enough I gotta pay attention to what I'm doing.. =/

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I've done it. My engine shuts off automatically, and it won't blow up even if it didn't.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

there has never been an instance of a cell phone starting a fire at a gas station. Granted should probably pay attention too what you are doing, but the fire thing is a progressive load of crapola.

I doubt a cell phone cold start a fire it you were smashing a couple of them together over the filler tube

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

That wasn't the issue... it was pumping gas with the engine on that can be dangerous. I don't know of any dangers with cell phones at the gas station.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I make jackets for Hess Oil, we can't sell them nylon goods by law, they create static, same as cell phones, which can spark gas fumes.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

its never happened with a cell phone. I guess if one of your nylon clad delivery guys was breakdancing while filling the tanks he could spark up, but it has never happened with a cell phone.

7. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

GoT the lady left her car running because she was distracted by the cell phone.. soo indirectly a cell phone can be an issue at a gas pump ;)

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yeah fair enough, but the static - ???? - fire is why the stupid laws were passed

9. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

You can fill up with your engine running, you probably shouldn't but the chances of your car exploding is pretty low...

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar