Tired of being a dung flinger

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Sep 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Isn't that schwartz on the right?

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I still have faith that this team is going to be better than the past 2 seasons..
    The Colts are yet one year closer to a downturn and Jax is probably gonna peak this year which will only be more trouble for The Colts and less of a concern for cellar-dwellers...

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

No Schwartz is IN the shovel. That's Floyd with the hat.:lol:

[​IMG]

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Vince Young next year.

LB Corp.

Good core of young players for the future.

Probable coaching changes by years end.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Good core of young players?

Kami that's what bothers me. We don't have that at so many positions.

On the interior offensive line we have no first or second year players at all to move in someday for piller, olson or mawae. The only young interior defensive player is malamalahoona or whatever his name is. Are there any young DE's who are about to be really good in the next few years? Budding joey porter or keith bulluck type outside linebackers? No unless you consider nande in that category. I don't. Of course tulloch is an exception inside.

In the front 7 on defense we don't have that core of good young players. On the offensive line we only have roos. Yes we have those 3 young Wrs but roby has to be considered a disappointment at this stage and williams is basically 6th on the depth chart.

The secondary is full of good young talent but that is the only place..

You see where i'm coming from? The guys playing for us are not kids and there is no reason to expect them to automatically get better just because a year passed by.. People like laboy-odom-starks-haynesworth-KVB-thornton-hope-sirmon-bulluck-mawae-piller-olson-troupe-givens-hentrich-boronis are already vets and should be playing at the top of their games NOW and more seasoning isn't going to help.

6. zackmann

zackmann Guest

I echo that setiment...I am pretty down on the titans right now and need more posititve thoughts...

here is what came to mind:

-our D is only a few players (and probably a new coordinator) from being at least top 10...One more year of maturation for Pac and Hill and replace Sirmon and Thompson, and are D will be pretty scary...

-Vince Young...

-A top 5 draft pick next year (I'm looking forward to another Defensive player)...

-another offseason to upgrade our O-line somehow..

-Vince Young...

-At least Oakland, Green Bay and Houston are worse than us...

7. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

I'm pretty positive that we are going to suck this year.

I'm sure my face looked happy after I screamed "Lamont you idiot" for the fifth time on Sunday.

I'm positive, and 100% confident that the people sitting in the three rows in front of me will not be back next game. Rows one and two vacated immediately, and third row watched my friends and me more than they watched the game.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

:lol:
    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Thanks.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yep thats Schwartz on the left - he's digging for that gameplan that does not include blitzing Gayton Pman.

and that's Reese on the right - hes digging for a QB in the same place he found his last one.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Replace sirmon?

He made 4 solo tackles last game. Most of them near or at the line of scrimmage. What more can he do the running game is is prime responsibility and they didn't run well on us..

How are our linebackers going to improve that much the next couple of years? Bulluck and thornton will still be here.

Who is our center for the future? Our current guy is in his 13th season!

Is KVB ands haynesworth going to get better? No.

What has lendale white shown us to indicate he is better than the combined abilities of brown-henry? Either one played that bad sunday. Is lendale white the next eddie george? Eddie went a whole career without missing a game white couldn't make it through one preseason.

Is there a budding chad johnson caliber WR in our stable? No bennett-givens-jones are solid players but not top guys and we will lose bennett next year. Roby and williams are only ok..

The only area of the team where i see a large number of really promising young players is in the secondary with pac-reynaldo-fuller-finnegan.

If the players are talented they should be good now not a year or two from now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar