Tired of being a dung flinger

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Sep 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Our drafts have been pretty much garbage over the last 3 years and it shows.

What we have to look forward to is Vince Young and a nice young set of targets (imo B. Jones will be a solid number 1). I'm not sure about LenDale yet, but I'm anxious to see what he can do compared to what we have already. I'm sure he can at least average the 3ypc that we've been getting the past few years. I'm excited that our defensive line actually showed up last week. I love our outside linebackers. I like how PacMan has been playing and I think Hope had a solid first outing. I'm down on our entire coaching staff and front office for that matter. We're definately heading in the wrong direction under this regime.

Why we refuse to draft LINEMEN with our high picks (or anywhere else for that matter) is beyond me. Look no farther than KC's success the last few years to see the importance of being dominating up front. They pretty much have no great skill position players (not counting TE of course) and scored what, almost 30 a game?

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I agree. Something has to get fixed on our OL for us to be a good team. We've drafted several linemen in the past few years. We just haven't done a very good job of it. :lol: We've picked 9 OLinemen since 2000, Kansas City has picked 8. Our highest round pick on the line during that time was Roos in the 2nd. KC's was Brett Williams in the 4th.

Roos - 2005
    Stewart - 2005
    Loper - 2005
    Bell - 2004
    Amano - 2004
    Williams - 2003
    Hartwig - 2002
    Haayer - 2001
    Shivers - 2000

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Ahmad Hall has been a bright spot. He's not quite as big as Lorenzo Neal but he can lay the wood no doubt. (and pretty decent hands too)

4. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Good call. Forgot about him. Probably because he only got like 5 snaps last game.

5. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I think its time to clean house, again, if we aint gonna play volek, trade him, get rid of Lamont Thompson, trade Chris Brown, give kollins 2 more games at best, and throw the rookies into the game, find a new d coordinator, and keep making gains in the offseason and draft like we did this year, were only as good as our worst player, and right now, im not sure which one that is, because we have so much garbage on the team, we have two small bright spots, our linebacking core, and our future,(Young,White, Roos, Pman, and dont forget about our only pro bowler, KVB)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar