Tis the season for Horror films!

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by CRUDS, Oct 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Partially started in the Movie thread..
    List what you've watched and your thoughts here..

I'll retroactively cover the stuff I already watched when I have a minute or two..

Last night though:
    The Witchfinder General
    One of the rare completely malevolent roles by Vincent Price - about the real life Witchfinder Mathew Hopkins, who's books were the inspiration for much of the way they dealt with witches in Salem a few years later.

I recall reading that Price fought with the director over his traditional Shakespearian delivery - and turned in a very different performance than you would normally see from ol' VP.
    Good 60's Hammer style horror fun. Recommended for Hammer fans..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvJ9xEWkm2Y"]Witchfinder General (1968) - Theatrical Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

2. T-Rac

T-Rac Resident GoTitans Brit

The Thing

Great film which still stands the test of time and is an absolute classic along with The Green Mile.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

James Arness or Kurt Russell? Hell, both versions are great..

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

One of my favorites, but in truth the original was "The Thing from another World". And of course hollywood is making a remake, which will probably suck.:evil:

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Not sure why they are calling it "The Thing", which is confusing - but technically it is a prequel. It's the stuff that happens with the Norwegians that leads up to the dog making it's way to the US camp.
    Supposedly very faithful to Carpenter's approach so there's a chance it will be good. Either way I'm there...

6. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Well, that is good news then, I didn't realize it was to be a prequel. I will give it a chance then.

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I won't

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Well, not really horror films, but every year my daughter and I would look forward to watching all the "scary" Disney channel movies together. Phantom of the Megaplex, Under Wraps, Halloween Town, etc.
    She's 17 now, and we still have to watch Hocus Pocus at some point this month, kind of a tradition...lol

9. T-Rac

T-Rac Resident GoTitans Brit

I wont give it much of a chance either

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I will give it a full chance. If it sucks - it sucks.
    If it doesn't - then I'll watch it again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar