Titan coaching fires.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Clark, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Nah man, Mercedes Lewis is a fool, he's the reason he stunk, not the coach. But Mularkey is just a TE himself, he's not a head coach, he could get Cook to be better.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Mike Mularkey just got the can in JAX... MM for OC in Tennessee?! I wish.

3. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

I still think Gray will be canned, but you have to believe there is always the factor of continuity that comes into play. I am not a fan of bringing in new guys every two years & going through an ideological transformation all the time. It messes with development. It won't help to just change coordinators just for the hell of it, there must be a more compatible option available. I think Munchak understands this is a young team going through growing pains, and you have to consider that has a lot to do with the failures we are experiencing. I think he made a great point in saying after the season that we need to bring in some veterans in FA to change the locker room culture. Open up the pocketbook, theres money to be spent in this organization. These young guys just don't know what it's like to be a playoff team.

As for Bruce, come on man. We were playing what seemed like 4th stringers at nearly every position on the line by the end of the year. It's probably a certainty at this point we'll be drafting an interior lineman in the first round this year, even Munchak knows it, and he has said many times before that OL aren't worth early picks. But we have no choice.

4. ImTheCrew

ImTheCrew Starter

Why didnt we draft a line last year?

5. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Cuz WR was more important?

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Really? Why because of the Falcons? Don't let that fool you, this guy is not cut out for these big positions, he's a TE coach to me and nothing more.

7. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

Because the Titans have always believed in coaching up late round picks or free agents.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Well we may believe that but drafting Stewart and Roos and giving them extensions kept us away from going OL early, since it's usually the tackles that are more valuable in drafts. Not saying that's an excuse, we've mostly just done patch work and solid FA signing for the interior line (Mawae, Scott, Velasco, Harris, etc etc). Now that's not working anymore and something has to be done.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

HC exp. Had a good run w/ the Falcons. Groomed Matt Ryan in his early years. Had Turner as a 1,699 17 TDs player. Probably hates the Jaguars now. 21st Passing O and Gabbert was his QB for most the year. Mojo and Jennings hurt almost all year. He had nothing on offense.

I would take him over Loggains.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

2nd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar