Titan Cup 2014 ?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by HOTT, Jul 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

So teams would be stacked

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Depends. We could have 2 leagues act as each conference, because you cant have 32 FF owners drafting from a pool of 32 NFL teams, not enough players to go around. Thats why the Titan Cup is the way it is, broken into 3 or 4 "divisions"

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

It means it's a normal league where teams face each other every week.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

Ok I wasn't sure if each four team division would act as its own league. And each four teams would do its own draft

5. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Thats what i assumed so there is another option?

6. RavensShallBurn

Yep... Total points.

So whoever has the most points at the end of the season wins their league. I think I won it one year and came in 2nd another. The rest of the time I sucked. But in 09 I stopped changing my lineup after week 3.

And it was autodraft. Basically there is absolutely no skill involved aside from pre-ranking your players and doing well on the waiver wire (but the waivers were set up very strangely too).

Let me commish this thing!

Also, GoT drafted ALL Titans players last year, I believe. As in his entire team was Titans. Needless to say he finished last. Lol

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The waiver wire rule will not be changing. The reason for it is that people were grabbing the backup of an injured player off the wire during the games. It made it unfair for those who were actually at the games who might have a higher waiver position.

The way it is now is that the wire is closed from the kickoff Thursday night to the end of Monday Night Football.

8. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Last year I was only in 2 FF leagues so I made my own H2H schedule against you guys. Lets just say I whoop'd your asses.

kidding, I went something like 2-11. Someone beat me 128-27 (I was projected 97)

FF11-11-13 killmenow.png

This is why we need live draft.

9. RavensShallBurn

That wasn't the issue with the waiver wire... it was the timing of it, I think. It was something like if you waited until Wednesday to put in a claim it would not be processed until the following week. If you change it to standard or "rolling list" or whatever, I think that will fix it.

I've been commissioning leagues for over a decade, and I have always done the standard waiver rules and no one is able to grab any player during games. You can put in a claim and it will be processed on Tuesday.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Right now, I'm looking for options outside of Yahoo. What we need is a 48-team league set up in 12-team divisions. Teams play head-to-head within the division with the division winners playing each other in a playoff week 15 and 16.

Each division would have its own draft. Yahoo has no means to do this. The best they have is that each league would have a winner and we'd have to crown an overall champion based on best record (or total points in the event of a tie-breaker). It's not a true champion.

Anyone have any sites which might be able to do this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar