Titan Fans Have Spoken....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Feb 20, 2010.

?
  1. Mawae - You dont break up a line that produces a 2k rusher

34 vote(s)
    54.0%
  2. Harris - Time for some new blood

29 vote(s)
    46.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Now will the F.O. listen (or even hear us) is the question. on tennessean.com, there is a poll regarding the Center position and who should start there between Mawae and Harris.

Surprisingly, Harris is winning in the poll by 5%. i have been monitoring the poll for some time, and it started off being Harris by quite a bit more (73% to 27% if i remember correctly) and now has seemed to stabilize with Harris up by a bit.

I wanted to compare that poll with one done here and so lets see what you guys think?

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Titans GM Mike Reinfeldt said that fourth-year center Leroy Harris is ready to be a starter.
    "Leroy Harris is a good player and has shown some nice things, so going forward he needs to play," Reinfeldt said. "He has proven he can be a starter."

3. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

I voted for Harris to start - I think it's time (saying that after we just had a 2k yard rusher...).

But I'll like to keep Mawae on the roster as backup/mentor.

4. TitansFanMD

TitansFanMD Camp Fodder

The titans can't break up the line that got johnson over 2,000 yards. Leroy harris can wait another 2 years before he can start. Mawae is the captain of the o-line. So i think the titans will sign a 2-year deal with Mawae

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i'd rather have harris at guard with mawae at center and no amano....

6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Leroy Harris is a good player and has shown some nice things, so going forward he needs to play," Reinfeldt said.

Kevin Mawae isn't expected to be back with the team in 2010. Harris has three career starts but it looks as if he will be the man going forward.

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Harris. I think it's his time. Kevin has been solid for most of his time here, but we can't keep Harris on the bench anymore, he's ready to play now. Reinfeldt says Harris is ready and I agree. Plus add in the fact that Kevin's agent has said that Kevin is a starter and a Pro Bowler so he's not gonna want a pay cut or stay as a backup.

Time to hand the job over to Harris. The kid has been very impressive. And with a whole offseason to work with the first team he should catch on quickly.

8. BigD73OT

BigD73OT NFL Free Agent

Trust me I am the biggest Mawae fan there is. However, Leroy Harris is far to good to be riding the pine.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. amy

amy Starter

I believe Mr. Reinfeldt just told us what was going to happen, didn't he? "He needs to play" is the clincher I would say.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Mawae can still pass-protect but he can't run-block anymore. He's not strong enough to block defensive tackles and isn't quick enough to get to the linebackers. Harris is younger, stronger, bigger, faster and a much better run-blocker. The Titans are a run-oriented team, they need Harris.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar