Titan Free Agents

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titantonic, Dec 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Thanks for clearing that up SK. I didn't know about the exclusive rights deal.

Not sure what they'd think about Wand if Loper comes back healthy. Loper has played some OG, but I guess swing tackle is still his main job. Seems like what Wand is too.

2. Kinney had microfracture surgery on his knee, which is basically a last resort for players who refuse to give up on their career. They drill holes in your knee in hope that it heals itself, and his best case scenario is that he'd be able to play again in 2008. It's not a very good success rate, though some have come back afterwards.

3. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I think Kinney is done and that Hartstock will be released and Cramer will be back because of ST and his attitude to do w/e it takes. Scaife will obviously be back and Troupe but with Troupe regressing and Cramer is not a fulltime TE in this league do we go for a TE in the first 4 rounds of the draft because Scaife has injury problems so we need a good backup and #2 threat unless Troupe pulls it together.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

agreed
    and i'd almost rather have Guenther back

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Wish we hadn't lost Guenther either. He probably wasn't much of a STer, though.

If we were going to draft one, I wouldn't have minded Dave Thomas from Wendy's. Sox and I argued over whether or not to trade Kinney to the Broncos at the beginning of the season, and the name Tony Scheffler came up in terms of vet value and draft picks. Then Scheffler comes into the preseason and he and Cutler look like vets against us. He's got potential.

But back in the draft, that would have made no sense. We carried 4 into the season. Gonzalez looks good right now, but you never know when someone is going to go down, a la Givens. Anyone wish we would have taken Jason Peters from Arkansas a while back? Playing the line in Philly and was TE in college. Ah hindsight.

Yes, TE is a need now on some level. I called Troupe in another post a monster hiding under the bed who refuses to come out. I really did think Fisher, liking cerebral players, would have preferred us to draft Watson from Georgia over Troupe. That was my prediction for that draft. Right position, wrong player, it seems. Hopefully not, but we now know we can't count on him for much.

6. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

What about Harline from BYU he played very well in the BYU vs. Oregon bowl game. Hardnosed kid that can block and catch.

I wanted Watson over Troupe on draft day....maybe I should be GM.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Troupe was the last TE picked of the 3, we didnt have a choice.

8. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Titans Free Agents for 2007

Here's a list of our free agents for next year. Of this list, I think the following players wil be back:

Amano (serviceable backup)
    Bell (questionable whether or not he gets extended)
    Long (still has something to offer the DT rotation and won't be highly sought after in free agency)
    Nande
    Smith or Starks - one but not the other. I'd happily keep Robeast at this stage. (Mind you, I think Rod Coleman from the Falcons should be our no.1 free agency target. Him and Haynesworth could cause some real damage.)

The rest could be replaced by free agents or rookies without significant risk of degrading our roster.

Player Position Type
    Amano, Eugene C RFA
    Bell, Jacob OG RFA
    Bennett, Drew WR UFA
    Bockwoldt, Colby LB RFA
    Brown, Chris RB UFA
    Brown, Tony DT ERFA
    Collins, Kerry QB UFA
    Cramer, Casey TE RFA
    Geisinger, Justin C ERFA
    Hartsock, Ben TE RFA
    Long, Rien DT UFA
    Nande, Terna LB ERFA
    Nickey, Donnie S UFA
    Reynolds, Robert LB RFA
    Sirmon, Peter LB UFA
    Smith, Robaire DT UFA
    Starks, Randy DT RFA
    Wade, Bobby WR UFA

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

My list of those who will be back -

Amano
    Bell
    Brown
    Collins
    Nande
    Smith
    Starks
    Wade

10. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Who should be resigned

A list of our upcoming 2007 Free Agents

Amano, Eugene C RFA
    Bell, Jacob OG RFA
    Bennett, Drew WR UFA
    Bockwoldt, Colby LB RFA
    Brown, Chris RB UFA
    Brown, Tony DT ERFA
    Collins, Kerry QB UFA
    Cramer, Casey TE RFA
    Geisinger, Justin C ERFA
    Hartsock, Ben TE RFA
    Long, Rien DT UFA
    Nande, Terna LB ERFA
    Nickey, Donnie S UFA
    Reynolds, Robert LB RFA
    Sirmon, Peter LB UFA
    Smith, Robaire DT UFA
    Starks, Randy DT RFA
    Wade, Bobby WR UFA

Amano, Eugene C RFA -- LS + decent fill in backup

Bell, Jacob OG RFA - really a solid part of hte improved line...i look for him to not only be resinged but take pillers place on the line

Bennett, Drew WR UFA - i think he should be resinged ....he did prety well just needs to work on catching skillz

Brown, Chris RB UFA - would be a first class backup but i dont think he wants to do that for another yr...i look for him to be movin to devner and try to take tatum's place and team up with bell to giv em a better 1-2 punch

Brown, Tony DT ERFA - no question to be resinged and part of the rotation

Collins, Kerry QB UFA - definitly a qualified mentor....but nothing else...if young went down..god forbid...i dont want him in there lol

Long, Rien DT UFA - i think we saw exactly how good a pass rusher he is.. when we lost him and didnt have him for the season....i think he should also be resigned as a backup (haynz, beast starters, brown, long, starks, maholona part of what would be an amazing rotation)

Nande, Terna LB ERFA - defintly should be resigned, his combine numbers were the most impresive that i've seen ....42 @#%$ repps of 225 and ran a faster 40 then tulluch....i think he is the future @ OLB (but not sure for who bulluck or thorton...as they are both amazing too and not close to being done...but its always good to have a bakcup and i think he can be better then sirmon especally on the outside where u need speed)

Nickey, Donnie S UFA -- good ST player

Reynolds/sirmon LB RFA - one should backup tullch next yr the other released or demoted

Smith, Robaire DT UFA - no comment he beter be - do u realize tht it was basicaly after we signed him that we had an amazing run

Starks, Randy DT RFA - i think he should also be resigned and part of the rotation like i said

Wade, Bobby WR UFA - is a good slot reciver and a good blocker...;)

credit to bulluck4mvp from scout for the list

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar