Titans '07 Training Camp Preview: Defense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Despite the many questions which face the Titans offense entering training camp due to new faces at many skill positions, even more face those on the defensive side of the ball.

DEFENSIVE END

Last season, the Titans ended the year 27th in sacks with a total of 26. That is a 10-point rankings slip from '05 when the team had 41 total sacks. There are many reasons for the decline which begins with Kyle Vanden Bosch's drop in production from 12.5 sacks in '05 to only 6.5 in '06. But it's difficult to point the finger at KVB when teams chipped and double-teamed him much of the season due to the lack of pressure coming from the other side of the DL.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Nicely broken down.

Looking at it like that I can actually see us being a lot better this year. We had too many tough breaks with the linemen last year.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

:werd:

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think Odom is the key. They were scheming around his ability to rush the passer last year. You only do that if you think a player can do something unique.

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

You lost me.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

we were trying him at a rush linebacker in training camp, but that whole scheme was lost for the year when he was. i think we used it when he came back for a game or two, but nothing conclusive to say it worked or not.

maybe that's why we drafted ford? a little insurance just in case odom gets hurt again.

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

TJ, very nice. That could almost be a blog :))

8. When are the excuses going to stop with Odom?Every off season there's some report on how him and Laboy have gone through some life changing expirences that are going to make them better players and nothin ever pans out.Sure Laboy is a good DE only when he plays a few snaps a series.Hes not a true every down DE like Vanden Bosch is and thats what we need.Odom can't stay healthy to save his life,this guy always has something wrong.Sure theres been some things thats out of his control but if thats the case part ways with the guy.The NFL is all about results,if you can't produce see you later,the next guy steps in and gets a crack.We can't afford to sit around and hope that Laboy and Odom are gonna stay healthy and produce,not in this defense.I want a guy in there that has developed a reputation like KVB,where you can sit back and say in the start of the season that your going to get durability and big plays throughout the entire season when 93 steps on the field

9. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

It has come to the point with Odom that you step up and produce, or take a hike.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar