Post-Game Thread Titans 19, Chiefs 17

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I felt like this game was one of the poorest coached games on both sides of the ball. Tyreek Hill touches the ball on the 2nd play of the game and goes to the house and then they don't get the ball in his hands again. That is just inexcusable. Mularkey should not have challenged the spot at that point in the game. You can't use your last challenge that early and leave yourself with only 1 timeout. I think it was a bad spot, but just too close to risk your last challenge on. Going for 2 at that point doesn't make sense. Your defense is going to have to make a stop to win the game so don't risk losing the game at that point.

Mularkey has these guys believing which is huge. One thing that I liked to see was that Kendall Wright was right next to Mularkey at the end of the game and was one of the 1st guys to give him a hug. I honestly thought that Wright would be inactive the rest of the year, but Mularkey said that it was a 1 time benching because of missing the meeting and he stuck by his word. Being honest and upfront with the team is something that has certainly helped Mularkey change the culture. I can see Mularkey on the sidelines telling the team that he is going to go for 2 and the win if we get the chance. This is a great motivating move to help the guys believe they can win. Well then we score and he then has to stick to what he has said and go for it. I'm really hoping that is what happened because otherwise it was a horrible call.

2. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

Badass pic of one of the plays from the game winning drive.
    IMG_0820.JPG

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
  3. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

So proud of this team for two hard fought wins that basically nobody saw coming. At best we would come out 1-1 and pretty likely 0-2 not freaking 2-0! Love mariotas resilience after two TO that could have destroyed his confidence in that stadium and weather. Got to give props to the defense, minus Blake. They stepped up big time in crucial moments. I honestly want to see what Reed is capable of doing after seeing the progress Sims has made.

4. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

Mularkey said that they were going for 2 Before the offense even stepped onto the field

5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

That is what I meant to imply....he told the team that we were going to go for 2 and the win to motivate the offense...well he didn't know we would score so fast and then he has to keep his word because he has always been honest with the team...so be damned with the actual game situation/time on the clock...we are going for 2 because I told the boys we would...

6. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

It is amazing what winning games can do.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Tbone

Tbone Special Teams Standout

I am thrilled we are 8-6 at this point. I was hoping for 6 wins this year but the future looks promising. Good win guys!

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

reading back through the gameday thread on the chiefs board is a lot of fun

• High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  9. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Link?

10. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar