titans 1st 5 rounds mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by talldrinko, Mar 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

We need to move up in the 2nd for Harrell. As for the first round, we just take the best player that falls to us. IMO that will be Bowe, but I hope it is Landry or Willis. I think people are overstating our need at DE. We will have Odom back combined with Laboy. Remember, before this season started, we considered DL to be the strength of our team. Nothing has changed there except Odom has one more injury on his resume. I like Kenny Irons later on if he is there. As far as the rest, we just need to grab BPA.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

1) Dwayne Jarrett, WR
    2) Quentin Moses, DE
    3) Tank Tyler, DT
    4) Tim Duckworth, OG
    5) David Irons, CB

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

why the love affair with a WR who runs a 4.7 and cant get off the line of scrimmage?

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He can catch?

5. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

Throw a RB in there and that's what I'm talking about

6. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

I'm sure you have a better one, and I'm sure you will share it with us, but until you do; please explain why this would be such a horrible draft.

It answers many of our most pressing needs, which as of right now are:

1. Corner to replace the ******* you pulled your name from.
    2. addresses the horrible Dline
    3. Addresses or receiver problem.

And so on and so on.

There is no way Mike Reinfeldt, a former defensive guy, is going to draft a receiver in the 1st round. Not when this team can't count on their best defender being around next year, and they have zero pass rush. If he does not spend mony in FA to fix the dline you better know that he will be addressing it in the draft. In truth my only struggle with this was will we go DE in the 1st or defensive backfield.

There are two DTs that are worthy of drafting with the 19th pick and both will be long gone. There are about 4 DE that can be taken with that pick and a good chance that all 4 might be gone. There are 3 corners worthy of the 19th pick and one or two might be there.

WR might be a big need to a lot of us on this board but it probably is not as big a need to the Titans front office.

Now if the front office decides to address the dline and bring in a couple of names like Cory Redding and Charles Grant, then I could see us using a higher pick to address the lack of playmaker at the receive spot.

Now show me what you think is going to happen.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Darned Jerry Rice fans.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yeah, and jerry rice could run precise routes to gain seperation, another thing jarrett doesnt do.

9. zackmann

zackmann Guest

first...pray that one of these DT/DE is available at #19:

-j.anderson
    -a.branch
    -a.carriker
    -a.okoye

if not, pray that one of these CB's is available at #19:

-l.hall
    -c.houston
    -d.revis

If all 7 of those players are gone, then, and only then, do I contemplate a WR in the 1st round...if that happens, then my WR board looks like this, even though none of them impress me very much...

-Ginn JR
    -Jarrett
    -Bowe
    -Mecheam

In a perfect scenario, I would like us to draft:

DE/DT in 1st round
    CB in 2nd round
    WR in 3rd round
    RB in 4th round
    DE/DT in 4th round
    Oline or LB in 5th round

10. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I agree thats terrible, We dont get a true DE and good talent is to be found in the 4th but we waste a pick on a RB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar